Trade Operations Specialist
The Securities Trade Operations team comes under the umbrella of the bigger Operations hub in Singapore. The hub is an important part of our global operations footprint working closely with global hubs in UK and New York to support business and investment teams. Securities Trade Operations is responsible for the post-trade processing of equity and fixed income. Our Vision is "We grow our people to create an enterprising culture that delivers outstanding client experience." Who we're looking for
We're looking for someone to join our team in ensuring that our equity and fixed income trades are confirmed on a timely basis, managed through to settlement and that any settlement issues or fails are pro-actively dealt with and resolved. You will thrive in a fast paced environment with an emphasis on meeting tight deadlines. A strong interest in learning and harnessing technology will help you with your role in the organisation. What you'll do
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Deliver accurate, timely, compliant and cost effective trade processing services;
- Ensure team achieves timely confirmation of trades across equity and fixed income trades and ensure timely issuance of settlement instructions and cash payments/receipts;
- Ensure processes and procedures are in place to:
- Identify, record, investigate and resolve trades failing to achieve market settlement by contractual settlement date.
- Record, investigate and resolve trade related interest claims and report any associated costs to senior management in a timely manner.
- Perform function in line with established business controls;
- Provide administrative, transactional based support to others involved in the task of fund / portfolio management;
- Support external client queries and ensure that they are investigated and responded to within agreed timelines; and
- Contribute to department and Company initiatives and projects as assigned
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- Experience gained within a trade management team;
- Understanding of equity and fixed income;
- An understanding of market operations and local settlement processes; and
- Awareness of the risks associated within trade operations with a proactive approach to preventative measures.
What you'll be like
- Bachelor's degree from a recognised university; and/or
- Wider experience in Asset Management and understanding of the end to end asset lifecycle.
- Good at analysing and solving problem with a strong handle on operational risk;
- Effective in managing your own time with ability to prioritise tasks appropriately;
- Open to feedback, receptive to change, challenges status quo and continually looks out for team and self improvement opportunities;
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills;
- A strong team player able to develop and manage strong working relationships with global internal departments and external counterparties; and
- Able to adapt to changes quickly and be an advocator of an innovative culture within the team.