- Temporary, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 16 Sep 17
Trade Operations Officer (Contract)
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.1) Trade Operations:
a) To pre-process / monitor various trade transactions are processed in accordance with the applicable procedures and within agreed service standards .
b) Ensure compliance to operational instructions laid down by the Bank.
c) Good control on operational / transactional risks and operating cost.
d) Assist Senior Manager in overseeing the day-to-day operations.
e) Contribution to future strategic direction and processing innovation.
f) Ensure full awareness of the responsibilities for
- Trade Policies
- Group Policies / GDOI relating to Operations matters
- Legal & Compliance
- Operational Risk management
- Money Laundering Prevention / Countering the Financing of Terrorism
- Sanction measures
and timely escalation of control failures based on the procedures laid down in the
Escalation Policy accordingly
g) Manage GRU and ensure no Level 2 onwards escalations.
h) Provide weekly reconciliation status report.
i) Ensure FCS substantiation is submitted promptly and accurately.
j) Manage Country Finance to provide evidences etc upon request.
k) Maintain good internal & external customer relationship by responding promptly, accurately and courteously to enquiries, or request for advice relative to new or outstanding transactions.
l) To provide ad hoc support to Manager for special assignments (e.g. Country / Group projects or initiatives).
m) To provide support across the units relative to guidance for transaction processing and training of existing staff / new joiners in handling different products.
n) Manage administrative matters.
2) KCSA Responsible Person:
a) To report Unit's OR issues and losses to UORM
b) To assist UORM in developing and updating of procedures, controls and monitoring plans for Operational Risk Management
c) To adhere to the agreed KCSA plans and timely submission of review
d) To identify and report
- all exceptions on non compliance with standard controls
- all weaknesses inherent in the standard controls
e) To maintain
- proper record keeping on all KCSA related activities
- independence in the conduct of KCSA, i.e. not selecting and reviewing
sample of self-performed transactions
Key Roles and Responsibilities
1) Trade Operations:
a) Achieve the required standards for volumes of work and service turnaround timing
b) Maintain quality of work with zero defects :-
o Minimal customers' complaints
o Minimal operational loss to the Bank.
c) Maximise productivity of resources available by multi-skilling the team members
d) Product processing costs
e) Ensure no late submission of FCS substantiation
f) Ensure no late response of Finance sampling
g) Ensure no level 2 onwards escalations
2) KCSA Responsible Person :
a) No overdue KCSA
b) Non compliance and control weaknesses inherent in the selected samples are detected and duly reported
c) No unsatisfactory compliance reviews and audits on the conduct of KCSA and record keeping
d) Maintaining robust controls and monitoring actions.
Qualifications and Skills
Enter qualifications and skills
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 31/10/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.