Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Alongside this vital service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm’s assets and its reputation.
Operations spans all product lines and markets, serving as internal business partners who develop the processes and controls, and help to specify the systems that deliver accuracy, timeliness and integrity to our business.
The Synthetic Client Operations team operates in a dynamic environment where you will be required to multi-task with the right priority in order to support a fast paced business environment.
Equity Execution Services (EES) and Synthetic Product Group (SPG) within Securities Division Operations, facilitates the allocation, confirmation, and matching of cash and synthetic trades with clients ranging from global asset managers to private banks. Middle office initiatives are focused on increasing STP to drive scale across the Securities business; with an emphasis on also improving the client experience through quick and accurate trade confirmation. This is to be achieved in part by a multi-year system and flow convergence program, as well as consolidating functions across Operations to form a broader Equity middle office.
The team has primary responsibility for equity and synthetic trade confirmation exceptions and client service management with a key focus on efficiency, control, and enhancing the client experience. The individual will be expected to work closely with global teams and our clients to proactively manage risk, and challenge existing business processes on a day to day basis. This will include understanding and meeting the evolving expectations of key clients of the firm, and driving and following through on any efficiency initiatives to implementation. The new hire will be expected to work in partnership with our clients, sales and trading to ensure that trades are allocated, confirmed, and processed in a timely manner in order to safeguard the firm's capital and reputation but also to meet the client SLAs. The successful candidate will have experience of cash and/or synthetic products, an operations background and client facing experience is preferred, but not essential.
• Respond to varied queries from the internal stakeholders and external clients
• Understand internal and external regulations
• Analyze and resolve exceptions timely
• Evaluate and escalate risk items to management and the business
• Make suggestions for the improvement of process efficiencies & controls
• Maintain close relationships with multiple internal teams, which includes the trading & sales desks, other Federation teams, technology
• Work very closely with other regional counterparts to ensure follow the sun / pass the book are maintained
• Individual who has strong risk control mind-set and detail oriented
• Strong preference is to have product background (Equities Synthetic Products, if not then Equities Cash / Derivative Products)
• Minimum 2 years of work experience in Operations
• Team player