Trade Finance Specialist with Commodity MNC based in town
- Mkt Range
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- The Cap Consulting Group Pte Ltd , EA Licence No: 14C7175
- 17 Sep 18 2018-09-17
-Min 2 to 6 years of trade finance experience gained with International Banks or Commodity firms. - Letter of Credit (LC) exp is a must - Receivables discounting experience is a nice to have
-Min 2 to 6 years of trade finance experience gained with International Banks or Commodity firms.
- Letter of Credit (LC) exp is a must
- Receivables discounting experience is a nice to have
Our client is an international commodity MNC who is also a market leader in its field.
For this role, you are within the Marketing Treasury Dept. As a Trade Finance Analyst, you are responsible for managing the day to day commercial banking requirements to enable international trade for the Marketing BU; which activities include pricing, utilisation and operation of trade finance facilities related to letters of credit, guarantees and receivables discounting.
- Day to day management of trade finance banking counterparties, building knowledge of key products and geographies these institutions can support, obtaining best pricing and credit limit capacity
- Support the arrangement and negotiation of export and import related trade finance facilities with banks
- Arrangement and support for the operation of non-recourse discounting facilities and credit insurance when required for counterparty risk management purposes
- Develop trade finance as a sales tool for customers. Coordinate with Manager of Credit Risk on customers with trade financing requirements.
- Investigate use of trade finance systems (ESS, Bolero) for control and improvement of working capital purposes.
- Advise BU sales operations teams on complex or exceptional trade finance transactions when required
- Engagement of new trade finance counterparties, including the facilitation of Know Your Customer processes and obtaining board approvals when required
- Pursuit of best practice – support and identify operational and documentary process and systems improvements in the area of trade finance.
- Strong understanding of trading environment, including trade finance cash and documentary flows
- Trade finance and cash management instruments and solutions
- Managing banking relationships and competitive pricing processes
- UCP 600, ISBP
Skills required for role:
- Have about 2 to 6 years of relevant experience covering trade finance
- Letter of Credit (LC) experience is a must. Receivable discounting experience is a nice to have
- Experience in a trade finance role with an international bank or trading house is a must
- Have the relevant experience dealing with Middle/Back office : coordinating operations internally and externally ideal but strong knowledge at minimum
- Some experience with Front office trading finance work (e.g. negotiation with third parties / banks ; on trade finance pricing & service, ideally on basic legal documentation as well) will be useful but this is not a must
- Has the ability to own, develop and build on various processes/infrastructure relating to trade finance
- Good team player with good social presentation skills
- Ability to deal with pressure and troubleshoot complex and urgent situations in a mature way
- Attention to details, good organizing skills
- Good problem solving skills, curious
- Demonstrated ability to interface successfully at multiple organisation levels
To apply, pl send your cv in word doc to email@example.com . Pl also include details on your current salary, expected salary and notice period in your cv.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
CAP Consulting (EA license: 14C7175)
Caroline Poh (EA Registration: R1105649)