Trade Finance Officer
Ensure that cargoes and storage facilities are financed in a timely manner and that the risks (other than market exposure) to which the group is exposed are properly analysed, monitored, mitigated and laid off.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities: Key Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- PR-type role with respect to banks, customers etc.
- Participation in decision-making process with respect to credit/performance etc. risks that the group takes: establishing framework for analysis, follow-up and review and communication internally of decision taken.
- Ensuring that Risk Management decisions are appropriate, bearing in mind financial/commercial imperatives.
- Issuance of L/C's or bank Guarantees.
- Risk covering sales where necessary with Banks and/or Insurance.
- Weekly monitoring and m2m of regional storage positions.
- Co-operation with our Deals Desk personnel to ensure any charges agreed by Trade Finance are allocated correctly to the separately maintained deal Profit and Loss accounts.
- Close liaison with our operators so as to monitor shipments and ensure correct security is in place before releasing of cargoes.
- Vetting of contracts, storage agreements and bank documentation.
- Optimise allocation of deals to our pool of bankers in accordance with management strategy.
- Ensuring timely processing of Cargo payments, together with managing cash positions with the Banks.
- Liaising with Banks to increase their appetite on Concentrates portfolio.
- Managing the presentations of documents to the bank for transactions under Doc LCs.
- At least 5 years within a Trading Company / Financial institution having gained a strong understanding of the principals surrounding Trade Finance instruments and their pitfalls.
- Industrious, proactive and cordial team player with an eye for detail.
- Strong logical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately even under pressure.
- Proficiency in a second language, such as Chinese/Mandarin.
- Previous experience in Metals & Concentrates is a plus.
Key Relationships and Department Overview: Key Relationships
External - Banks, Insurance, Counterparties.
Internal - Ops, Traders, Contracts, Treasury, Securitisation, Accounting & Deals desk