Trade Finance Documents Checker
- Jun 17, 2021
Morgan McKinley is working in partnership with a Global Trade Bank who is well known for their trade finance and commodity financing business.
The Singapore team is looking for a Documents Checker to join their Operations Department. As a Docs Checker, you will be part of the documents checking team looking after documentation requirements for L/C documents.
Role and Requirements
- Perform 1st and 2nd check (if applicable) of both Import and Export L/C documents
- Prepare instruction sheet to Trade Finance Shared Services team for processing in the trade system
- Communicate with Head Office on the check status of L/C documents
- Provide professional advice to the Head Office on discrepancy on the documents; fulfilling of terms and conditions in the L/C, and mitigating non-compliance documents presentation after shipment
- Co-ordinate and work efficiently within the team
- Provide full support to the set up and implementation of L/C Document Checking team in Asia
- Ensure daily tasks are executed as per SLA and Global work instructions and escalate to Team Head/HOD upon identification of deviations or the development of unexpected risk events during the work flow
- Participate in the training of the new L/C Documents Checking team in Asia
- Participate in assigned projects from time to time
- Tertiary education
- CDCS certified L/C Documents checker
- 3 - 5 years' of experience in handling both Import and Export L/C Documents checking
- Knowledge of ICC publications - UCP600, ISP98, URR725, URC522, ISBP.
- Possess effective communication skill to work with the teams and Europe offices
- Preferably with exposure to outsource/insource operations
If you are interested in the role and would like to discuss the opportunity further, please click apply now or email Hagen at email@example.com for more information.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to, therefore if you do not receive a response within 14 days please accept this as notification that you have not been shortlisted.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd, EA License No: 11C5502
Lee Boon Hou (Hagen), Registration No: R1870932