Trade Associate - Global Trade and Receivables Finance
- Permanent, Full time
- 06 Dec 17 2017-12-06
Some careers shine brighter than others
If you’re looking for a role that will help you stand out at HSBC, take a look at how you can fulfil your potential.
Global Trade and Receivables Finance comprises over 4,500 people across more than 60 countries, helping suppliers and buyers with their export and import finance needs. Trade is where HSBC began in 1865, when we financed commerce between Europe, North America and Asia.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Trade Associate.
In this role, you will
- You will perform day to day Import and Export operations and be responsible for the maintenance of optimal use of resources and achieve customer satisfaction while minimizing the occurrence of operational risks.
- Accurately check and process Commodity, Back to Back, Transfer LC documents within turnaround time
- Strong technical trade knowledge and familiar with international standards such as UCP 600 and ISP 98
- Attend to customer enquiries on trade documentation issues
- Provide technical trade advice and solutions in an accurate, comprehensive and timely manner
- Ensure adherence to Sanctions compliance, AML and any local regulations
- Contribute to creation of a high performance culture and engaged team through effective collaboration.
- Participate in ongoing identification of process improvement initiatives, UAT for system enhancement and implementation related to trade finance operations
- Client meetings, provide presentation when required.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Degree holder with experience in checking trade documents
- Extensive knowledge of international trade rules and guidelines, and incoterms
- Professional qualification in CDCS will be an advantage
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Customer oriented and a Can Do attitude
- Capable of working effectively under pressure and tight deadlines
- Strong team player, systematic, analytical and meticulous
- Good command of written and spoken English, possess good interpersonal and communication skills
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000A59X
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited