- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 14 Feb 18
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Standard Chartered Leading the way in International Banking. With more than 86,000 employees in 68 countries, and a 150-year history in some of the world's most dynamic markets, Standard Chartered is listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India.
The Infrastructure Engineering & Automation team provides engineering, automation, product management, and development support across Technical Services for SCB. This includes Platform, Storage, Database, Middleware, and Automation Engineering.
A new Solutions Engineering team will be created under Infrastructure Engineering to provide a development function within Engineering and Technology Services. They will provide a development capability to the rest of Technology Services by developing and supporting significant projects that require bespoke coding and design. They will also be responsible for helping evaluate and introduce new technologies and products along with the rest of Engineering.
We are seeking a talented, motivated, and driven individual for the role of Testing Lead in the Solutions Engineering team. This person will help to create, lead, and manage the testing strategy for products developed by the Solutions Engineering team providing development across Engineering and Technical Services. They will work with the Head of Solutions Engineering in delivering new and innovative approaches to testing the variety of products used in Technical Services. They will be mature individuals who are comfortable working in a development team embedded in an operations environment.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and define a testing strategy for Technology Services
- A focus on and passion for code development as the role exists within an agile development team.
- Improve existing technologies in use and supported by Engineering
- Propose, evaluate, and introduce new technologies
- Lead systems integration for new and existing components
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong communicator with experience in agile working environments
- Experienced developer who has created and developed automated testing strategies in agile development teams
- Experienced automated testing developer that has extensive experience across open source and enterprise test orchestration systems.
- Strong technologist who keeps up to date with technology.
- Motivated to do hands-on development and peer reviews.
- Self-starter capable of identifying opportunities and delivering solutions on their own
- Working knowledge of BDD/TDD approaches
- Working knowledge of using gherkin/cucumber for defining acceptance criteria.
- Strong knowledge of automated testing orchestration/harnesses (e.g. HP ALM/QC) utilizing products such as selenium or perfecto.
- Strong knowledge of performance testing harnesses utilizing products such as loadrunner or locust.io.
- Undergraduate level qualification with Bachelor in Engineering or Computer Science.
- Strong English communication skills.
- Prior non-testing developer experience.
- Breadth of technical knowledge - operating systems, networking, distributed computing, cloud as well as development tools.
A diverse culture
We are committed to building a culture that fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that's free from bias, where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution. This is just one of our values that is expressed in our brand promise - here for good. Apply Now...
Rewarding good performance
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our core values and mantra - here for good. And if you perform well consistently, we'll give you the rewards you deserve. Are you looking for a career that can expand your horizons? We have one..
If you're a bright mind with big ambitions, we'll actively encourage you to fulfil your potential. Thanks to our rich and varied international footprint, we can offer exciting opportunities working across different countries and cultures. Apply Now and take the next step in fulfilling your potential.