Testing Group Manager
The Testing Group Manager is accountable for management of complex/critical/large professional disciplinary areas. Leads and directs a team of professionals. Requires a comprehensive understanding of multiple areas within a function and how they interact in order to achieve the objectives of the function. The coverage includes the non-functional areas Performance Test and Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering and Test. Applies in-depth understanding of the applications and related architecture to assess the impact on performance to the business functions. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity. Generally accountable for delivery of a full range of services to one or more businesses/ geographic regions. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication may be necessary. Accountable for the end results of an area. Exercises control over resources, policy formulation and planning. Primarily affects a sub-function. Involved in short- to medium-term planning of actions and resources for own area. Full management responsibility of a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. Responsibilities:
- Leads initiatives related to User Acceptance Testing (UAT) process and product in the area of application Performance and reliability before rollout into production. Testing specialists who work with technology project managers, UAT professionals and users to design and implement appropriate scripts/plans for a performance testing strategy/approach.
- Manages the team focused on non-functional testing domain.
- Resolves complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact.
- Collaborates with other testing areas, development teams, IT project managers, business partners and external vendors suppliers.
- Develops testing standards and ensures compliance in the non-functional test domain.
- Creates detailed plans for managing cross team dependencies.
- Exhibits in-depth understanding of concepts and procedures within own area and basic knowledge of these elements in other areas.
- Requires in-depth understanding of how IT testing integrates within overall technology and has commercial awareness.
- Evaluates subordinates' performance and makes decisions on pay increases, promotions, terminations, etc.
- Uses evaluative judgment in complicated or novel situations; uses multiple sources of information.
- Impacts IT testing through planning, finances budget, end results and setting policies.
- Requires developed communication skills to negotiate with others at a senior level; may communicate with external parties.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 15+ years experience within a testing environment focusing on non-functional test domain.
- Senior to advanced level experience in an IT Testing role with commensurate experience in people management.
- In-depth understanding of Systems Development Life Cycle processes.
- Thorough understanding of end to end testing processes, Quality Center, Performance Centre and other testing related tools
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent persuasive, influencing and negotiation skills.
- High analytical skills.
- Proven team player skills with a track record of a leadership role delivering to tight deadlines and with high quality.
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's/University degree,
Technology Job Family:
Technology Quality Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting