- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Test EngineerAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The Derivatives Pricing team is responsible for cross-product transactional pricing of derivatives within Standard Chartered. The development team is driven to provide world class technology to support the bank's Financial Markets business. We bring a deep understanding of the domain, a scientific approach, and innovative solutions to bear on the challenges of best servicing our customers in a highly competitive environment. This is a rare opportunity to join an organization working with smart technologists globally in the financial markets domain. The culture in the team is open, intellectual, and fun. Learning opportunities are plentiful and career advancement is always waiting for those high-energized talents willing and able to step up.
As a QA, you'll be responsible for testing quality software within tight timelines and should excel in establishing test processes, creating subject matter expertise, mentoring and building strong test automation frameworks, with a focus on dev-ops and agile mode of software deliveries.
Based in Singapore and working in a dynamic global team with other technologists, business analysts, project managers and business stakeholders across multiple locations.
• Experience in setting and building automation test processes and establishing project tasks, timelines and effectively managing it.
• Ability in planning and running end to end test cycles including Sprints, SIT's and UAT.
• Ability to develop subject matter expertise in gathering functional requirements from a test strategy perspective.
• Ability to develop test automation frameworks including Cucumber, Gherkin, Selenium Web Driver.
• Ability to comprehend both TDD and BDD patterns of testing and develop automated solutions for web, middleware and database.
• Ability to write automated integration test cases(scripts) for end to end functional scenarios
• Ability to own QA deliveries including test planning, estimation, reporting, managing start to end test life cycle with the ongoing development sprints.
• Experience working in an agile development environment
• Self-starter who can drive/facilitate requirements and development effort
• Take ownership and responsibility for the full development lifecycle
• A team player, capable of engaging with other teams in Technology
• Experience in the end-to-end design, development and support of financial markets systems
• Ability to work and liaise directly with the Front Office, Middle Office, Product Control and various risk functions
• Familiarity with CI/CD and DevOps
• Any experience in testing distributed data stores a plus
Our Ideal Candidate
• 5+ years hands on development with investment banking IT experience
• Automation Testing Experience (essential)
• Ability to develop testing frameworks using Cucumber, Gherkin, Selenium Web driver.
• Continuous integration of the testing strategy using automated scripts development using core java, JMeter, QTP and TestComplete.
• Ability to auto deploy, distribute and execute the testing frameworks using Git, BitBucket and Jenkins.
• Good exposure to performance testing tools like LoadRunner, Apache JMeter and WinRunner.
• Agile development
• Experience with git and Atlassian toolset.
• Financial Market domain knowledge
• Investment banking is a strong plus
• Derivatives business is a plus
• Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
• Outstanding test case modeling skills ( using decision tables etc ).
• Proactive, self starter, autonomous
• Good team spirit
• Ability to work under pressure with multiple assignments
• Strong architectural and engineering background with experience of delivery.
• Strong automation testing skills
• Strong test data modeling skills from functional use cases presented.
• Strong knowledge and previous experience in end-to-end design, development and subsequent support of large scale data processing systems
• Familiarity and confidence working in an agile development environment.
• Someone who can drive / facilitate the requirements and development effort with the business.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.