Technology & Information Risk - APAC Risk Officer, Associate, Singapore
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 26 Apr 18 2018-04-26
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in Institutional Securities, Wealth Management and Investment Management. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 42 countries. People are the source of our competitive advantage and our franchise is built upon dedicated and talented professionals who consistently set industry standards for integrity, expertise and leadership.
Asia Technology Risk Officer
The Asia Technology Risk officer team ensures technology and information risks are effectively identified, assessed, controlled, managed and reported. They provide risk management awareness through effective communication, consultation and service to the client. This opportunity will provide the individual with a chance to liaise with senior members of the firm to lead top initiatives and engage with regulatory bodies and teams across multiple markets in the Asia region.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate regional technology audit/regulatory activities and reporting, negotiations, and responses
- Perform advisory role related to local market regulations, Firm Policy & procedures, System dependencies, division best practices
- Build strong relationships with Senior Technology, Business and Compliance stakeholders across the region to drive continuous improvement on Technology Risk/Project governance processes
- Manage and deliver region specific Technology Risk change and firm-wide remediation programs
- Ensure disaster recovery, business continuity and stress testing standards are defined, documented and conducted regularly
- Promote risk education and awareness and provide senior management summaries as appropriate
- Participate in the Risk related forums to help promote / champion the operational risk agenda across the organization and help enhance the overall risk culture.
- Support standardization in risk management processes and procedures, and ensure adherence to company tools and applications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of the financial services industry; preferably in an investment bank with sales and trading, finance, operations, technology or internal audit background.
- Strong Project Management and/or PMO background
- Technology Professional with 5 years of experience and above
- Knowledge of Software development lifecycle and change management either through technology project management or developer/quality assurance experience.
- Strong analytic and problem solving/process improvement skills; ability to learn quickly and solve poorly defined problems
- Excellent verbal and written skill with ability to create high quality written products that are comprehensive, accurate, and tailored to the audience
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization with excellent influencing and negotiation skills, strong organizational skills and an ability to manage multiple demands and changing priorities.
- Knowledge and experience of the regulatory environments within Asia
- Understanding of Operational Risk and related regulations, and the associated application to a technology division within Financial Services.
- Ability to read, write & speak Chinese language (due to business needs)