- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Technology Lead, neXus
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Technology Lead, neXusAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Build core banking technology team and deliver on Project Nexus
- Oversee all aspects of the Engineering organisation, including technical strategy, technology architecture, best practices & technology stacks.
- Define and manage the technology landscape and blueprint for entire solution stack. Work closely with lead engineers and architects to co-own the architecture and component strategy
- Provide build / buy decisioning on all core systems - including but not limited to:
- Core Banking
- Messaging Layer
- Workflow Management
- Products processing systems
- Risk Decisioning
- Data management and optimization
- Partnership layer:
- Build the full Technology team for Nexus including but not limited to:
- Core developers
- Business Analysts
- Skunkworks development team
- Actively engage in sprint planning, delivery and managing the releases working collaboratively with the Product and relevant UX/CX capabilities
- Provide hands-on technology leadership to the engineering team, including expert technical guidance to all functional areas, including Product, Operations, Customer and Strategic Partnerships
- Define and implement best practices, processes, and procedures for software development, quality assurance, and maintenance
- Identify risks and opportunities for all planned and in flight projects
- Lead the design and architecture of a platform that integrates into the ever-changing ecosystem of FinTechs and partners
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes
- Define, manage and track budgets and work plans
- Review vendor solutions and provide subject matter expertise on architecture design and delivery for Nexus.
- Build up defensible technology IP for Nexus across all core systems as outlined above.
- · Identify next wave of required talent for Project Nexus and build out effective technology platform across all relevant markets
Our Ideal Candidate
- Relevant experience of building large-scale digital services within a high growth rapidly changing environment, developing solution architecture and leading engineering teams for digital product development and complex (partner) system integration projects
- A degree in a technical discipline (information systems, computer science, electrical engineering etc)
- Experience in disaster recovery and business continuity planning
- Demonstrated ability to manage internal and partner stakeholders for new ventures
- Ability to identify opportunities and challenges in the marketplace, with constant evaluation of technological advancements and innovation to mitigate impediments and drive success
- Hands on experience in one or more object oriented programming languages
- Experience with building service based architecture including use of micro services architecture
- Good understanding of application security and regulatory compliance
- Strong knowledge of DevOps and cloud infrastructure services
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.