- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 16 Jan 18
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
This role reports directly to the Head of Technology - RPBWM Data Analytics. The successful candidate will adopt best practices and a structured approach towards big data engineering and would be accountable for end to end delivery of Retail Analytics business use-cases. He would work closely with business partners in Group Retail Analytics and would help deliver solutions for all real time analytics use-cases.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Define and formulate the implementation plan (including key dependencies, resource requirements and interlocks) for the country roll out of use-cases for analytics for Retail Banking
- Design technology solutions for analytics on big data platform. Deliver clear, well-communicated and complete design documents
- Partner with business stakeholders and be accountable for end-to-end delivery of the analytics capabilities
- Perform requirements assessment, identify gaps and follow-up with business owners for requirements sign-off.
- Responsible for profiling of data attributes to assess quality for the analytics use-cases.
- Define and monitor at a work stream level key risk and issues and manage them as defined in PMP
- Coordinate, manage and effectively implement the use-cases and manage impacts of change across business functions and allied technology teams.
- Provide periodic project updates to Group stakeholders.
- Help coordinate the UAT's with business users.
- Engage with key stakeholders, groups, and committees to support approval and implementation of the use-cases.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the various retail, private and wealth data sources within the bank.
- Well versed with software engineering design principles and architecture.
- Help drive the practices of good software development within the team.
- Collaborate effectively with customers as well as other technology teams and architects to solve complex problems spanning their areas
- Learn the real time analytics tools being used in the bank.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in Accounting, Statistics, or Computer Science, or equivalent, MBA in IT or Banking/Finance domain is desirable
- Expert knowledge designing, developing and debugging in Java/J2EE and various frameworks
- Experience in working with Hadoop/MapReduce, Hbase, Hive, Flume, SOLR, Apache Phoenix, familiarity with No-SQL and ETL tools and knowledge of the RESTful concept.
- Spark /Scala Experience to design distributed applications will be a plus,
- Maven, GIT, IntelliJ/eclipse, unit testing, proficient linux user with basic linux administration skills
- Experience with agile/scrum methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, develop user stories and work through backlogs
- Ability to work in a fast paced, test-driven collaborative and iterative programming environment
- Exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Able to work independently and familiar with project management in SCB.
- Experience of working analytics or campaign execution would be desirable.