Technology Governance Analyst - nexus
SC Ventures ("SCV") was established in March of 2018 with the purpose of "Rewiring the DNA in Banking" by bringing three distinct areas together:
The eXellerator labs, enabling innovation at large in the Bank by supporting:
Entrepreneurially-minded colleagues as "Intrapreneurs", developing ideas to products, services or new business models.
Collaboration with fintech companies, supported by the SC Ventures FintechBridge, Proof of Concept ("POC") framework and POC funding.
Client engagement on co-creation activities.
The Innovation Investment Fund ("Fund"), USD100m allocated to acquire minority stakes in fintech companies ("fintechs") whose technology has been successfully validated in the Group and is progressing to production (i.e., continuing use), subject to commercial due diligence.
Venture building, exploring new business models ("ventures"), with the objective of providing 'optionality' for the Group in the way it engages existing and new customers and markets. These adopt a start-up model, operating independently of the Group's existing businesses, funded in a venture capital fashion, and under a different governance and risk management framework.
There are c.65 team members (excluding individual ventures), including dedicated colleagues from the Group's support functions, based in Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Nairobi, London and San Francisco. Nexus - Want to join the nexus team shaking things up in the banking world?
We're looking for fun, hardworking, results-oriented individuals to join nexus, the team responsible for Standard Chartered's brand new, Banking-as-a-Service solution. Key Roles and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Qualifications
- - Assist in designing and implementing a technology knowledge management framework tailored to a digital banking platform.
- - Draft technical documentation satisfying various control requirements.
- - Continuously improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of technology processes.
- - Leads and drives standardisation and automation through re-engineering and process improvement.
- - Enable implementation of Nexus platform releases in compliance with Group Technology Governance frameworks such as
- - Facilitate approvals from appropriate forums (Architecture, Technology Council, Resilience Guild etc.)
- - Ability to interpret technical artefacts and draft technical documentation
- - Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with different priorities.
- - Communicate project issues and status in a concise, accurate, and professional manner.
- - Remain flexible to changing priorities, open to new ideas and have Nexus' success firmly in focus.
- - Technical documentation
- - Strong written and oral communication skills; and high detail-orientation
- - Appetite for continuously improving and streamlining processes and the way we work.
- - Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- - Conceptual and practical thinking and implementation skills.
- - Process design and analysis skills.
- - Research, analysis and judgment skills.
- - Understanding of Cloud based applications and their integration patterns, specifically AWS
- - Understanding of API design and documentation
- - Understanding of platform architecture and design
- - Understanding of technology governance framework
- - Understanding of technology, system design and development concepts
- - At least 5 years of relevant experience in technology product industry
- - Functional familiarity with developer tools (e.g., Jira, Source Code Management, Integrated Development Environments, Testing Tools etc.).
- - Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Electronic Engineering.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.