Technical Support Analyst
Optimize and Change for Application Support is a technical SME function within Run-the-Bank team with a focus in providing stable and reliable Business Application Services. He/she has responsibility for production stability and continual service improvement.
The candidate is required to articulate/interact with key business users, Change-the-Bank and Run-the-Bank teams including Infrastructure team in a professional manner. In addition, the candidate is expected to perform adequate assessment of Application architecture and underlying Infrastructure services. He/she will recommend and implement changes to improve service stability, reliability, and availability. The optimize and change initiatives will primarily focus in areas such as Availability, Accuracy and Speed for the Application services. The root cause analysis performed for production incidents will be included in the overall application stabilization/improvement plan. Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible to assess, identify and deliver improvement initiatives to improve stability, reliability, and availability of Business Application services.
- Engage Application Run-the-Bank and Change-the-Bank team continuously to have complete and UpToDate knowledge of application architecture and interconnectivity.
- Incorporate Root Cause Analysis from the production incidents associated to Business Application services to identify and deliver detection, prevention, and recovery measures.
- Maintain strong stakeholder management relationship with business units. Provide regular updates various optimize and change initiatives and outcome achieved.
- Build up both functional and technical application support competency to Level 2 & 3 capabilities via a structured Knowledge Management framework that encompasses continuous training & supported by a robust knowledge base.
- Proactively strive for improvements in system availability and stability to achieve maximum uptime for the various application systems.
- Work with the Technology Architecture team to ensure the system design caters to operational standards right from start.
- Degree in an IT related discipline
- Working knowledge on Trading platform (e.g. MarginMan, ULLINK, FINIQ) and Order Management Systems
- At least 8 years in IT support (Application or Infrastructure). Ability to work under pressure and independently. Systematic /analytical thinking is required
- Knowledge of Banking/Financial sector with basic understanding of financial products, product lifecycle and front to back trade flow. FX product knowledge would be highly preferred
- Working experience in process automation or optimization
- Competent in Product lifecycle management
- Knowledge about digital or next-gen technologies such as Blockchain, IoT, Artificial Intelligence, and Machine Learning in cloud-based software solutions
- Competent team and organizational skills; and able to work confidently and collaboratively across functional teams
- Track record in incident review, root cause analysis and experience in the use of root cause analysis and problem-solving techniques and tools
- Good to have knowledge on Web (Java & .NET), Mobile (Native & Hybrid), IOT Python, Data Analysis AI/ML