- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Technical LeadAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
• Define and formulate the implementation plan (including key dependencies, resource requirements and interlocks) for the country roll out of use-cases for
analytics for Retail Banking
• Design technology solutions for analytics on big data platform. Deliver clear, well-communicated and complete design documents
• Partner with business stakeholders and be accountable for end-to-end delivery of the analytics capabilities.
• Perform requirements assessment, identify gaps and follow-up with business owners for requirements sign-off.
• Responsible for profiling of data attributes to assess quality for the analytics use-cases.
• Define and monitor at a work stream level key risk and issues and manage them as defined in PMP
• Coordinate, manage and effectively implement the use-cases and manage impacts of change across business functions and allied technology teams.
• Provide periodic project updates to Group stakeholders.
• Help coordinate the UAT's with business users.
• Engage with key stakeholders, groups, and committees to support approval and implementation of the use-cases.
• Develop a thorough understanding of the various retail, private and wealth data sources within the bank.
• Well versed with software engineering design principles and architecture.
• Help drive the practices of good software development within the team.
• Collaborate effectively with customers as well as other technology teams and architects to solve complex problems spanning their areas
• Learn the real time analytics tools being used in the bank.
Our Ideal Candidate
• Degree in Accounting, Statistics, or Computer Science, or equivalent, MBA in IT or Banking/Finance domain is desirable
• 10-15 years of work experience in Senior Software delivery role, with experience on end to delivery, project management and senior stakeholder
• Expert knowledge designing, developing and debugging in Java/J2EE and various frameworks
• Experience in working with Hadoop/MapReduce, Hbase, Hive, Flume, SOLR, Apache Phoenix, familiarity with No-SQL and ETL tools and knowledge of
the RESTful concept.
• Spark /Scala Experience to design distributed applications will be a plus,
• Maven, GIT, IntelliJ/eclipse, unit testing, proficient linux user with basic linux administration skills
• Experience with agile/scrum methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, develop user stories and work through backlogs
• Ability to work in a fast paced, test-driven collaborative and iterative programming environment
• Exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
• Able to work independently and familiar with project management in SCB.
• Experience of working analytics or campaign execution would be desirable.
What you can expect from the role:
• A career path for a senior leader in technology
• Complex and varied problems to solve using analytics.
• Interconnected delivery streams requiring on-the-ground coordination and expertise to effectively manage dependencies, critical path & interlocks.
• Satisfaction in delivering against a key objective for the technology.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.