Technical Design & Delivery Lead
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Identifying/Gathering/ Questioning and challenging when necessary/ documenting the NFR (NonFunctional Requirements) and interface specific requirements front to back
- Provide solution design and lead the delivery working with onsite/offshore team members
- Feasibility study, tools identification and completing the PoCs when required
- Identifying golden sources of data in Standard Chartered Banks
- Collaborate with PO/BA and Developments leads in the team in identifying and developing common components
- Improve code quality statistics, participate/drive code reviews and continuously reduce technical debt
- Specifying the common and core services use cases
- Study existing engineering processes and contribute to improvements to drive up efficiencies
- Collaborate with teams globally to deliver, present ideas and innovate
- Model behaviours that facilitate Agile delivery
- Exhibit passion for client experience with a user-first mindset
Ideal candidate must have proven credentials of delivering in world class engineering teams. With a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, engineering or equivalent discipline, he/she must have relevant experience fulfilling responsibilities of the position. Must be a confident self-starter with ability to collaborate and devise solutions. Relevant industry certifications are an added plus. Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and frameworks is required. Strongly Desired competencies:
- Strong analytical and problem solving
- In depth experience in architecture and solution design
- Hands-on in JSE & JEE specifications
- Hands on experience in Design Patterns
- Experience in Service Oriented, Microserivces and Cloud native architecture implementations
- Hands on experience with No SQL.
- Responsibility for the Code Quality measures
- Exhibit hands-on on various NFRs-NonFunctionalRequirements implementation
- Strong experience in common and reusable components/services development
- Data Modelling, tuning of queries, Performance and Throughput measures
- Integration using ESB/MOM/WS based technologies, data formats, payload and performance measures
- Security Essentials, application vulnerabilities and remediation
- Good knowledge in open source frameworks
- Good knowledge in application integration using Web Service (SOAP/REST) or Messaging using JMS
- Hands-on knowledge in application servers/containers like JBoss Fuse/WebSphere/Weblogic
- Application performance tuning, application performance analysis and tuning, analysing performance metrics
- Hands-on experience on Linux/Unix environments
- Experience with automated unit testing; jUnit, Mockito or comparable
- Cloud computing technologies
- Oracle or SQL Server PL/SQL development and designing data model.
- Web services, API design, Defining Specification using swagger/RAML.
- DevOps Tools and CI/CD Processes - Jenkins, Git, GitFlow, Jira, BitBucket etc.
- Experience remediating application vulnerabilities and delivering on other non-functional requirements
- Experience working with query plans and performance tuning of SQLs
- Knowledge of microservices architecture
- Understanding of continuous build concept and usage with maven, sonarqube or other related tools
- Good to have experience in containerization technologies - Docker, Kubernetes
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .