Technical Consultant (Engineering)
You will be joining our Technical Consulting practice in the Engineering department. The team is focused on consulting deployed Avaloq prospects and customers review, implement and troubleshoot the technical components of Avaloq products and the dependent 3rd party technologies.
Join us in our journey and we make sure to offer you the chance to thrive in a complex, yet exciting working environment, with high exposure to innovative tools and technologies.
We are looking for people who are driven and ambitious, who can lead from the front and deliver on objectives. You will be working in a fast-paced environment and will have the opportunity to influence and contribute to the ongoing success of Avaloq. Your Mission
What you need
- Deploy and troubleshoot Avaloq software components including Avaloq core, Avaloq standalone products, and Avaloq adaptors with underlying software partner technologies of Oracle, Red Hat, Amazon Web Services and others
- Implement Unix/Windows scripting to optimize installation & operation
- Investigate / assist / resolve technical infrastructure setup issues e.g. network problems for inter-component communication, Operating Systems (Solaris, Linux, Windows & etc.) issues, Storage System errors.
- Work under project timeline pressure & onsite with customers, focus on delivery results
- Provide pre-sales, sales & project support for technical architecture definition, infrastructure requirements and setup, technical landscape shaping, effort estimations and infrastructure sizing recommendations, based on Avaloq product recommendations
- Relevant working experience in at least 2 of the following areas:
- Infrastructure: Red Hat Openshift (preferably 4.x), Prometheus, Grafana, EFK, Red Hat AMQ Streams and AMQ Broker
- Backend: Oracle Database (v18c, v19c)/PostgreSQL, Kafka, Istio, Spring Boor microservices
- Operating Systems: UNIX and Windows (8.1, 10)
- Storage technologies
You will get extra points for the following
- Consultancy/project delivery experience, with client facing background
- Customer obsession
- Excellent relationship building, engagement and stakeholder management skills required for interfacing with the Avaloq customers and prospects, as well as 3rd parties and internal stakeholders
- Flexibility to travel internationally and/or nationally and work from the customer premises
- Team player, with proven ability to deliver as well independently
- Understanding of Cloud Computing and Infrastructure integration
- Prior experience in the banking industry
- Avaloq know-how