Banking Standards SG/HK team contribute to the transformation of the Avaloq Banking Standards (ABR/S) implementation into a standardized and industrialized process.
Bolstered by banks' increasing demand for lower total cost of ownership (TCO) and quicker time-to-market, the Avaloq Banking Standards yield competitive advantage with production-proven customization thereby allowing Avaloq customers to focus on product and services differentiation. Your Mission
Reporting to the Head of Banking Standards SG/HK, the incumbent will be responsible to:
What you need
- Develop moderately complex software programs in Avaloq scripting language and PL/SQL for ABR/S, consistently following prescribed ABR/S coding standards and in accordance with applicable software development methodology and release processes
- Consult Avaloq product documentation to learn new ways to implement product functionality and maintain close awareness of new and emerging technologies and their potential business application
- Implement reliable solutions to a variety of problems using sound problem solving techniques
- Perform technical root cause analysis and outlines corrective action for given problems
- Evangelize ABR/S architectural standards/principles, reusability design standards and leading practices
- Collaborate with ABR/S architect to ensure that the design takes advantage of the latest customization capability
- Utilise Avaloq ICE workbench (Eclipse-based) as software development toolkit for customization and scripting of ABR/S
- Lead consultative discovery workshop sessions with stakeholders to gather requirements and critical business challenges
- Collaborate and adds value through participation in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions
- Serves as a mentor to developers in Manila offshore development centre
- Estimate level of effort, evaluate new options of similar technology, offer suggestions to improve processes, and provide comments on some ABR/S design aspects
- Consider the art of the possible, compares various architectural options based on feasibility and impact, and proposes actionable plans
- Work collaboratively and professionally with other Avaloq associates in cross functional teams to achieve goals
- Apply a sense of urgency, commitment and focus on the right priorities in developing solutions in a timely fashion
You will get extra points for the following
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Math or Physics or a technical field win a minimum of 3 consecutive years of relevant experience
- Must demonstrate proficiency and possess experience necessary to develop moderately complex software in PL/SQL and object-oriented languages e.g. Java or .NET.
- Must have experience with using, tuning, and deploying solutions on a commercial database such as Oracle, SQL Server or DB2.
- Must have experience working with and developing design and requirements documents and artefacts such as Entity Relation Diagrams, User Stories, Use Cases, etc.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, including conducting presentations to teams and to customers
- Solid understanding of Agile software development process
- Strong critical thinker with problem solving aptitude
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills - demonstrating outside-the-box problem solving skills
- Ability to analyse and operate at various levels of abstraction
- Motivated and result oriented in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work independently and provide proactive leadership in a complex environment with multiple teams
- Knowledge in core banking applications and knowledge in banking operations
- Experience of JIRA/Confluence
- Familiar with API creation and RESTful services, containerization technologies such as Docker or equivalent, CI/CD