Writing the future. Together.
Avaloq is a value-driven fast-paced fintech company and we are committed to develop the banking technology of tomorrow.
Leading banks and wealth managers in all major financial centres rely on our software and services, and this unique community grows every day.
Banking Standards SG/HK team contribute to the transformation of the Avaloq Banking Standards (ABR/S) implementation into a standardised and industrialised process. Bolstered by banks' increasing demand for lower total cost of ownership (TCO) and quicker time-to-market, the Avaloq Banking Standards yield competitive advantage with production-proven customization thereby allowing Avaloq customers to focus on product and services differentiation.
Reporting to the Head of Banking Standard SG/HK, the incumbent will be responsible to:-
What you need
- Develop moderately complex software programs in Avaloq scripting language and PL/SQL, for ABR/S consistently following prescribed ABR/S coding standards and in accordance with applicable software development methodology and release processes
- Consult Avaloq product documentation to learn new ways to implement product functionality and maintain close awareness of new and emerging technologies and their potential business application
- Implement reliable solutions to a variety of problems using sound problem solving techniques
- Perform technical root cause analysis and outlines corrective action for given problems
- Evangelize ABR/S architectural standards/principles, reusability design standards and leading practices
- Collaborate with ABR/S architect to ensure that the design takes advantage of the latest customization capability
- Utilise Avaloq ICE workbench (Eclipse-based) as software development toolkit for customisation and scripting of ABR/S
- Lead consultative discovery workshop sessions with stakeholders to gather requirements and critical business challenges
- Collaborate and adds value through participation in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions
- Serves as a mentor to developers in Manila offshore development centre
- Estimate level of effort, evaluate new options of similar technology, offer suggestions to improve processes, and provide comments on some ABR/S design aspects
- Consider the art of the possible, compares various architectural options based on feasibility and impact, and proposes actionable plans
- Work collaboratively and professionally with other Avaloq associates in cross functional teams to achieve goals
- Apply a sense of urgency, commitment and focus on the right priorities in developing solutions in a timely fashion
- At least Bachelor of Science Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Math or Physics or a technical field and a minimum of 3 consecutive years of relevant experience
- Must demonstrate proficiency and possess experience necessary to develop moderately complex software in PL/SQL and object-oriented languages e.g. Java or .NET.
- Must have experience with using, tuning, and deploying solutions on a commercial database such as Oracle, SQL Server or DB2.
- Must have experience working with and developing design and requirements documents and artifacts such as Entity Relation Diagrams, User Stories, Use Cases, etc.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, including conducting presentations to teams and to customers
- Solid understanding of Agile software development process
- Strong critical thinker with problem solving aptitude
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills - demonstrating outside-the-box problem solving skills
- Ability to analyse and operate at various levels of abstraction
- Motivated and result oriented in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work independently and provide proactive leadership in a complex environment with multiple teams
You will get extra points for the following
- Knowledge in core banking applications and knowledge in banking operations will be an added advantage
- Experience of JIRA/Confluence is an advantage
- Familiar with API creation and RESTful services, containerisation technologies such as Docker or equivalent, CI/CD is an advantage
Now let's talk about perks and compensation
With our compensation model, we want to share the success of the company with all our employees. We offer competitive base salaries and if you prove yourself as a super-star, you might be entitled to an extraordinary achievement reward.