Technical Accounting Specialist
- SGD90000 - SGD100000 per annum
- Permanent, Full time
- Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd , EA Licence No: 03C5451
- 12 Dec 17 2017-12-12
One of the largest reinsurance group based in Singapore is looking to hire a Technical Accounting Specialist.
About the Technical Accounting Specialist Role:
You will be the main contact person for Japanese clients on off-shore treaties on all technical accounting related matters and responsible for business management technical accounting for L&H for Japanese off-shore treaties and be the key contact for client markets and other l&h stakeholders.
- Ensure that all technical accounting information for clients, management, auditors, shareholders and supervisory purposes is created and maintained in a timely, accurate, effective and efficient manner
- Monitor trends and developments in the assigned portfolio
- Responsible of the Operational Risk Management of TA L&H in Asia including setting delivery standards and documentation for the servicing team in Bangalore, monitoring trends and escalating issues to senior management
- Provide excellent external and internal customer services; acting as a Technical Accounting ambassador; perform client visits and have close client interaction (Client Centricity)
- Contact point for queries from internal stakeholders (e.g. Finance, Underwriting, Claims, Legal) on client accounts related matters
- Support and perform client audits, preparing reports and presenting contents to clients and internal stakeholders
- Overseeing together with peers the offshored / outsourced work / processes performed in the Global Services location
- Embrace and contribute to the new Business Management Technical Accounting target operating model and P&L philosophy; contribute with the team to the units overall P&L targets
To succeed in the role of the Technical Accounting Specialist role, you need to posses effective leadership, interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Degree in business administration, accounting or equivalent
- Two to five years' experience in l&h reinsurance or l&h insurance accounting or l&h operation
- Knowledge of l&h insurance product and understanding of reinsurance treaties
- Fluent in English
- Japanese language is a pre-requisite to engage with Japanese clients who converse mainly in Japanese
- Strong L&H Insurance or Reinsurance Technical Accounting knowledge
This reinsurer needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of business. The people centric environment offers you a range of exciting career opportunities.
If you have strong analytical skills and a problem solver, and want to take the leadership role as your next step in your career, this is a great opportunity.
Apply today or contact me to discuss on this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1544508 Mabelene Ang