Team Manager, Contact Centre - Retail Banking and Wealth Management
- Permanent, Full time
- 08 Nov 17 2017-11-08
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking to unlock new job opportunities, take a look at the possibilities right on your doorstep here at HSBC.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves more than 50 million customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Team Manager, Contact Centre.
In this role, you will
- Take accountability for the performance of your team and all that they do, contributing to the successful delivery of Best in Class standards whilst remaining within key operational performance parameters in terms of service, performance and operational targets
- Understand Business Intelligence data and be able to translate into individual team performance plans
- Plan and prioritise work appropriately considering importance, urgency, customer and business impact
- Business referral and closure by initiating service for approach in daily call or correspondence with customer
- Enhance volumes by providing effective service support to the Premier Relationship Managers
- Manage and resolve escalated customer concerns and complaints and use appropriate business judgment, making considered decisions to manage monetary adjustments in line with authority level, that protect and enhance HSBC values, reputation and the business
- Act as a secondary level of complaint as required when calls required
- Take full accountability for the leadership, coaching, performance and absence management of a team handing call types and products.
- Drive and coach performance improvement of your team to achieve a high performance culture, adhering to the relevant procedures under defined coaching scheme and through proactive one to ones and motivational sessions, including mid-year and year-end performance reviews
- Embed a best place to work environment for all of your team
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Degree desired but not necessary
- Experience in managing a team through coaching, mentoring, developing and motivating others
- Must be flexible, customer centric and have the ability to thrive in a team environment seeking feedback and open to development
- Takes pride in delivering what is promised in line with the customer and service expectations
- Wants to do a good job, is concerned about getting it right for the customer and checks everything is in order
- Proficiency with personal computers and basic software packages and specialised applications
- Have a positive, can do attitude with a desire to get things right first time every time, and works around limitations
- Can use their own initiative with the ability to focus on the important details to deliver a high quality professional service
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving and Decision making skills including a desire to do things better, to identify and set and strive for stretching goals
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000A0I8
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited