- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 28 Dec 17
Team Leader, Wealth Management Operations
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good. See our Brand and Values
We are currently looking for Senior Manager, Wealth Management Operations.
- Ensure that processing operations for the Singapore Business achieves high level of accuracy, integrity and completeness. Ensure Quality and Timeliness of Service Delivery - TAT and accuracy in the delivery of Wealth Products.
- Close oversight of GBS operations related to respective product portfolio and/or segment and ensures that key service level metrics are met - both internal and with clients; close engagement with the GBSs in terms of production planning.
- Maintain close working relationships with Head of Private Bank and Wealth Management, Business Heads and their respective teams, to ensure that product and segment strategy and revenue aspirations are clearly understood and always supported.
- Partner respective businesses in developing product roadmaps, working closely Group Wealth Management Engineering and Operations team to operationalise and ensure that the underlying processes are fit for purpose.
- Acts as a senior escalation point for exceptions, in particular prompt closure of Customer Complaints, Errors, Breaches and Technology Incidents that may trigger regulator and senior management attention.
- Operational Risk Management, working closely with the Manager Risk and Control to ensure compliance with Regulatory and Group policies.
- Manage and meet the unit's operations budget and financial KPIs; drive an aggressive cost and productivity agenda for the respective product portfolios.
- Sponsor and facilitate opportunities for process improvement ensuring that the necessary investment is made to minimize manual intervention and maximise automation.
- Acquire a sound understanding of competitive environment in the industry and be able to respond with appropriate adjustments to operating model
- Motivate, train to build a team of support staff who are enthusiatic, proactive and professional
- Ensure cost efficiency and containment of both country and hub cost
Operational Risk Management
- Participate in the investigation / review of negative operational risk exposure (internal and external) as it arises.
- Value-add to the business unit by identifying new, thematic and developing risks, providing operational risk advice through ORMAF and ad hoc reviews (Accountability reviews, Lessons Learnt reviews, Process / Control reviews) at the unit level or participating in reviews driven by the Group Business level based on thematic issues using forward looking based programmes.
- Assist in identifying risks in product process changes. Ensure that the operational risk implications of changes (Product Approval Document) are anticipated and clearly signalled to appropriate stakeholders. Escalate to appropriate stakeholders when operational risks threaten to breach tolerances.
- Facilitate the socialisation of audit / control issues in country.
If you're a bright mind with big ambitions, we'll actively encourage you to fulfil your potential. Thanks to our rich and varied international footprint, we can offer exciting opportunities working across different countries and cultures. Apply Now and take the next step in fulfilling your potential.