Team Leader, Liquidity Management
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Processes
- Be responsible and accountable for real time nostro management processes that include:
- Intraday liquidity monitoring across bank accounts including management of payment scheduler and local bank accounts in MEPS+
- Monitor MEPS+ to facilitate compliance with all regulatory requirements such as MCB and GPS, raising any issues to Treasury Markets on a timely basis
- Reconciling, in near time, actual and Nostro statement entries to cash flow projections
- Immediate investigation of reconciliation exceptions and alerts
- Ensuring that funding adjustments can be made before currency cut-off times
- Ensuring funding advices are sent to Front office for funding decisions at agreed cut off times thereby aiding Treasury Markets in pro-active management nostro balances and liquidity
- Proactive account management across all accounts held for SCB Singapore including payment switches across accounts to manage liquidity and funding
- Provision of Nostro MIS and control reports to allow trend analysis of repetitive and unforecasted event
- Act as central point of contact for Treasury Markets and Operations teams, including Middle Office.
- Engage with Treasury Markets to further identify opportunities to provide operational support and centralise processes into Treasury Services where there are control or efficiency improvements.
- Be responsible / accountable / consulted / informed in providing inputs regarding any process / system changes in the Treasury Services function / related upstream & downstream functions. This will include taking a central role in the development and roll out of the new Intraday Liquidity Platform in Singapore
- Be responsible /accountable /consulted / informed re initiatives to bring in client centricity in the over all process universe of the unit, as applicable.
- Work within the global Treasury Services team to assist in the build out of the new Treasury Services TOM and design and set up of the onshore Treasury Services model.
- Engage in global initiatives where required.
- Ensure 100% compliance at all times to the group's risk management framework as applicable
- Comply with all the group standards, policies, procedures and guidelines as applicable and values of the Bank at all times.
- Adhere to Group Code of Conduct at all times.
- Ensure compliance to the group's risk management framework as applicable.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Treasury, Financial Markets, Country Financial Markets Operations, Group Financial Markets Operations, Finance, Country CIO
- Preferred 10 year's relevant experience in any Banking operations
- Minimum 2 years' experience of funding and liquidity management
- Prior people manager experience
- Excellent analytical capabilities
- Proficient in PC skills, particularly MS Office
- Good people management skills.
- Strong leadership qualities and interpersonal skills
- Prioritization and Delegation of activities
- Problem solving / Trouble shooting skills
- Expert knowledge nostro / liquidity / cash management functions and processes.
- Ability to identify, mitigate and eliminate risks in processes.
- Experience working in an environment which requires close business engagement and interaction.
- Experience working in a time sensitive / critical environment.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.