Team Head, WM Market Expert Team, Singapore
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
- 26 Apr 18
Are you demanding towards yourself and your job? Are you at your best when leading a team in a demanding environment? Would you like to be part of a successful management team? Are you highly motivated and pass on this motivation to your team? Are you an example of excellent business conduct and your empathy makes you a successful leader?
We offer you a unique opportunity to employ your broad knowledge of banking and Wealth Management in a strategically important area of our bank. By further enhancing our client servicing model in Wealth Management, we support Client Advisors with the Market Expert Team (MET), a pool of Client Advisor Assistants providing excellent support. We are currently looking for a colleague to help develop and lead our Market Expert Team for Wealth Management Singapore.
- Manage a team of ~10-15 Client Advisor Assistants and be responsible for delivering high quality services to Client Advisors and clients, such as client meeting preparation, handling of securities transactions, risk and administrative tasks
- Manage quality control of the activities of MET Singapore including monitoring of requests from Client Advisors, timely completion, risk related processes, and ensure knowledge within the team is current and consistent, proactively review the team's competency and set up trainings to train within MET and/or with SMEs
- Pro-actively communicate with and challenge of Client Advisors & Desk Heads to ensure effective collaboration & information flow and excellent client experience; active participation in management meetings and support in execution of management initiatives
- Regularly update the scope of work of the team to deliver appropriate support to client advisors and clients and constantly challenging the MET processes critically to enhance efficiency continuously; also actively collaborate with MET SEA teams and closely align with MET SEA functional management
- Lead by example and build a collaborative and enabling team with solid trust and strong team spirit, driving the team to deliver excellence and foster a strong spirit in ensuring that the core MET principles (Client Focus, Accountability, Quality & Consistency and Teamwork) are upheld with each task/service performed
- Ensure UBS's processes & policies are obeyed by all team members & raise risk issues where identified and strengthen MET operational processes and controls and reinforce risk governance within MET – identify, assess and manage risk appropriately
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
You'll be leading the Market Expert Team WM Singapore at One Raffles Quay, and you will have a direct reporting line into the Market Head / another MET Team Head and/or an additional functional reporting line into the head of MET SEA. The MET is a team of Client Advisor Assistants which is responsible for providing comprehensive support to Client Advisors & Desk Heads in the respective market. WM Singapore delivers high quality investment advice to wealthy individuals in the Singapore market. Providing an excellent & outstanding client experience is our goal.
Your experience and skills
- A university degree in Finance, Banking or a related discipline, or equivalent
- At least 7-10 years of professional experience in Wealth Management front, middle or back office roles
- Ideally with solid experience in building & leading high performing support teams
- An excellent understanding of the Wealth Management offering, front-to-back processes and what it takes to deliver outstanding services to our clients
- Exceptional social skills & a high degree of empathy, as well as excellent proven organizational skills and a passion for leadership and for people
- Excellent spoken and very good written knowledge of English; a conversational level of Mandarin is an advantage
- A natural communicator, leader, motivator & team player
- Comfortable in interacting with colleagues of various levels, including senior management
- Resilient, unconditionally reliable & responsible, hardworking
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.