Our client, a global financial services group, is looking for an APAC Indirect Tax Manager to provide indirect tax advisory support for all businesses operating in the APAC region.
The role offers a rare opportunity for a Big 4 Manager/Senior Manager or an existing in-house Indirect Tax Manager to further develop their career in an advisory role that has responsibility for the APAC region.
Providing indirect tax advisory support for all businesses operating in APAC, you will be responsible for advising on best practice transaction tax risk management framework and processes.
- Provide proactive and pragmatic indirect tax advice and support to the business; indirect tax input on new initiatives; business line expansion and strategic plans
- Input into transfer pricing policy and processes to ensure indirect tax impacts are identified and managed
- Advising on the region’s indirect tax compliance obligations; supporting indirect tax audits and managing the relationship with local tax authorities
- Perform indirect tax risk and process reviews and make recommendations thereon.
- Qualified accountant with at least 8 + years indirect tax experience, preferably in financial services
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to formulate commercially sound solutions
- Effective communicator and able to explain tax issues clearly and succinctly to non-tax personnel
- Ability to work independently, managing multiple projects and competing priorities
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills with the ability to build solid working relationships with internal and external stakeholders