You will be part of the Group Tax team based in Singapore overseeing the full spectrum of tax matters for the banking entities.
- Responsible for the group's banking related entities tax matters covering direct tax, indirect tax and transfer pricing
- Ensure the compliance of local financial services tax requirements, including the review and/or preparation tax returns where appropriate
- Coordinate and prepare transfer pricing documentations for the group to ensure that the compliance of transfer pricing regulations
- Monitor effective tax rate and ensure adequate current tax provision and deferred tax positions
- Assess local entities’ operations are aligned with the group tax policies
- Assist with research and implementation of various tax strategies and make appropriate recommendations from a tax perspective. This includes working closely with stakeholders to understand the tax impact of business operations and ensure that tax needs are identified, considered and communicated.
- Identify and implement tax digitization and automation tax processes
- Following tax digitalisation trends and tax policy changes
Manage tax disputes and resolutions with close collaboration with finance teams
Maintain strong relationship with internal and external stakeholders e.g. tax authorities, consultants, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Law from a recognized university
- 10-12 years of relevant experience preferably in a Big 4 Financial Services tax function and/or relevant tax experience within the retail banking industry
- Strong technical knowledge of direct and indirect taxes and transfer pricing regulations
- Experience in handling cross-border taxes and transfer pricing
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Able to manage project independently and also a good team player
About Sea Finance:
We are committed to our people’s professional development!
Sea is an Accredited Training Organization for the Singapore CA Qualification, a Recognized Employer Partner of CPA Australia and an Authorised Training Employer of ICAEW.