- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
TS R&C - Governance and Risk Practice Lead
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
TS R&C - Governance and Risk Practice LeadAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Responsible for establishing and running the Governance & Risk Practice team for Technology Services. This team will be accountable for Issue Management and Quality, governance and quality of risk acceptances, Control Standards and Design, preparing materials for the TS Risk Forum, reporting and analytics for the risk function and maintaining the risk data model in conjunction with the Assessments and Architecture & Standards and Automation team. In addition, this person will interface with 2nd and 3rd line as required to keep the practice in an evergreen state relative to changes within their models or engagement strategies.
This role spans all of Technology Services and will work in partnership with UORMs and ORMs in each domain.
People and Talent
This person will lead a team of 3 initially but that may change as the needs placed on the team change.
This person will develop and maintain procedures, forums and initiatives to identify, control, assess and treat Technology Risk as expressed in both the ORTF and ICS RTF.
This person will contribute to the TS Risk Forum, TS Governance Day, TNFRC and GNFRC as required.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
• Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
• Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
• Lead the Technology Services Governance & Risk Practice Team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles.
• Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Key stakeholders include the TS MT and Global Head of TS, GOR, T&I R&C, CISO and GIA.
From time to time tactical and strategic risk initiatives may be required to address emergent issues that require leadership or involvement from this role and team.
Our Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate should have 8-10 years of experience in Technology Risk Management, Information Security or other related roles. The preferred candidate will have experience in Financial Services or other heavily regulated industries (e.g. Pharmaceuticals, Healthcare, etc.).
In addition, the following qualifications are preferred:
1. Experience managing teams
2. Relevant industry certifications (e.g. CISSP, CRISC, CISA, etc.)
3. Experience with Technology Implementation or Operation
4. Process Design and Analysis
5. Documentation and Textual Analysis
6. Exposure to Technology Architecture
7. Data Analytics via Excel or other tools
8. Clear, Concise and Articulate Communicator
9. Experience negotiating with and influencing senior management (director and above)
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.