- Provide L2 and L3 support for server infrastructure related work. Support on IT infrastructure is done through remote and travelling to on-site to troubleshoot / resolve issues.
-Conduct preliminary troubleshooting and isolating of IT infrastructure faults. And escalate faults to next level of support if necessary.
-Co-ordinate with external agencies or contractors to resolve IT infrastructure issues. (e.g. replacement /repair of faulty equipment)
- Perform basic scripting to improve routine work processes.
- Perform systems monitoring using centralised management tools.
- Ensure availability of Data Centre services through performance monitoring and fine-tuning of monitoring parameters.
-Perform network/systems monitoring using centralised management tools. (e.g. connectivity status, availability, performance and resource utilisation, etc…)
- Perform network/systems health and operation checks to ensure IT services are up and running on daily basis.
- Monitor backup job status and perform backup administration.
-Perform software distribution/system patching and generate patch status reports
- Monitor and ensure maintenances are perform on schedule.
-Conduct patch assessment, planning, coordinating, patch tracking and its deployment.
-Conduct functional testing with contractor after patching.
-Assist in migration of IT infrastructure. (migration may be performed after office hours or on weekend)
- Diploma or above in the field of or directly related to information Technology
- At least two (2) years of working experience in the Information Technology industry in the areas of network/server implementation and support
-Experience in DSTA/MINDEF/SAF projects is advantageous
- Basic knowledge and skillset in **one** or more of the following platforms and applications:
c) Microsoft Windows Operating System (Windows 7&8)
d) Microsoft Windows Servers (2008, 2012)
e) Management Tools (SolarWinds NCM/NPM, HPOV, PRTG, HPSM, HPOM, WSUS, SCOM)
f) Virtualisation Platform (VMware, Hyper-V)
g) Working knowledge and hands-on experience with enterprise grade IT equipment. (e.g. Cisco, Alcatel, Juniper, Checkpoint, etc)
h) Working knowledge on DNS, DHCP, NTP configuration and TCP/IP networking.
i) Ability to diagnose and resolve simple network access problem by performing troubleshooting (such as ping, telnet, ssh, ipconfig, netstat, nslookup, etc)