Job Reference #230457BR
The importance of Sustainable Investing (SI) has expanded significantly across the asset management industry, both in terms of asset sizes and awareness/investor pressure. Growing interest across investors is driving the financial services industry to create ever more numerous and rigorous investment tools. As a result, UBS Asset Management, which has offered specialist products for nearly 20 years in broad and thematic strategies, is actively accelerating our SI offering. The SI Research & Stewardship Team is a dedicated competence centre of SI analysts, that works closely with portfolio managers and fundamental analysts across asset classes. The team is currently located mainly in London and Zurich. The role will be located in either Hong Kong or Singapore, to support our growth and focus in this important region. Your expertise
• ideally 7+ years' experience with clear investment credentials, preferably from an asset management or investment bank background
• passionate for both markets & sustainability
• experience in analysing ESG issues & themes, along with an understanding how they can impact an investment thesis. Background in one of the following sectors would be a plus: information technology, consumer discretionary, communication services
• ability to effectively communicate investment insights on ESG issues & themes to PMs/ analysts to be incorporated in investment decision making
• understanding and interest in ESG data analytics and application for thematic and company research
• interest in linking research and engagement insights into proxy voting recommendations for sub-set of companies under coverage
• presence, maturity and credibility to deal with sensitive and contentious matters when engaging with senior individuals at public companies. The ability to adapt presentation and communication style to varying audience levels.
• excellent command of English, fluent in written and spoken Mandarin is a must
• a flexible, responsive and self-starting personality. Open-minded thought process and intellectual curiosity
• degree educated, post-graduate qualification such as Masters/MBA; Investment Management qualification and/or the CFA designation are a plus About us
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us? Join us
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now. Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.