Supplier Quality Engineer
In this highly visible and highly hands-on role, you will enjoy the key decision making combined with the on-site hands-on problem solving that comes with owning the manufacturing quality for some of the highest quality and highest visibility products in the world today. You will be responsible for assuring quality for cutting edge antenna modules The Position: Quality Planning
- Apply solid understanding of quality control and manufacturing concepts to oversee the development of specific Process Management Plans (PMP) appropriate to program.
- Evaluate and communicate the yield of new and existing programs.
- Develop and implement cutting edge quality inspection tools and test equipment.
- Identify and direct studies to implement improvements in measuring method where appropriate.
- Establish audit procedures appropriate to program and supplier to ensure adherence to Apple quality standards.
- Interface with internal and external groups to ensure that proper definition of quality expectations and that appropriate assurance techniffdeques are used for the product.
- Supplier Quality Management
- Drive corrective actions cross-functionally with internal and external team members.
- Assess supplier production control and quality programs, identify shortfalls to expectation, and directly secure agreement to correct.
- Review PMP with supplier and other Apple functional groups to optimize supplier quality programs.
- Evaluates supplier readiness and adherence to PMP at all development and qualification stages.
- Monitor each supplier's performance through measurement of production line statis-tics, company inspections, and audits. Prepare summary of performance and communicate to appropriate management.
- Lead suppliers by providing technical and quality requirements to establish and vali-date (utilizing statistical tools) process capability, incoming, in-process and outgoing quality control to Apple standards in meeting innovative product designs as well as test and quality requirements.
- Utilize DOE's, FMEA, CTQs, SPC, and other analytical tools to proactively identify and address product and process risks and mitigate or improve with suppliers
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Min 5 years of experience in quality management or process development of me-chanical or electronic products/components. Antenna or RF products' background is preferred.
- Knowledge of quality and reliability concepts, supplier management, and general manufacturing operations. An area of expertise such as a specific process, material or industry is key to show depth of knowledge base. Strong technical skills, i.e. problem solving, issue root causing, analytical skills.
- Project management experience and a solid understanding of problem solving tools including design of experiments, root cause analysis and statistical analysis/process control principles preferred.
- Must be a self-starter, and be able to work independently with minimal supervison.
- Innovation, integrity and attention to details.
- Experience working with international OEM partners.
- Frequent travel domestically to vendor sites.
- Good communication and negotiation skill
- Antenna or RF component manufacturing experience a plus.
For more information you can email Kristina An
in our Singapore office on firstname.lastname@example.org
quoting Job Reference 524651
or alternatively, apply here to register your interest. http://jobs.en-sg.teksystems.com/QutHgK/supplier-quality-engineer-itcommunications-shanghai-shanghai-china-14580520 Allegis Group Singapore Pte Ltd, Company Reg No. 200909448N, EA License No. 10C4544