Subject Matter Expert, Life Operations
Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You've come to the right place. We're looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we'd like to hear from you. Job Description The Opportunity
This position will report to the Head of Transformation. The role will work with senior leaders across the organization to co-create a transformation vision and roadmap, and execute upon such to deliver a step-change in our business operating model. What motivates you?
We are looking for someone with:
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage, and act for their benefit
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile mindset and enable business outcomes
- You thrive in teams, and enjoy getting things done together
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone
On the job you will:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience at Program management and/or transformation level.
- Proven record of delivering results in developing, implementation and driving strategies and/or transformation initiatives.
- Ability to quickly understand the depth and breadth of internal organizational functions and processes but also scan external ecosystems to identify current technology, resources or vendors that are viable partners to compliment, innovate and add value to critical initiatives.
- Understanding of the agile approach, design thinking techniques and customer-centricity.
- This is a lead role for handling our quality assurance and quality engineer group through the Quality Management Office.
Our commitment to you
- Provide thought leadership and subject matter expertise to drive transformation initiatives and digital acceleration for Manulife.
- Define priority opportunities with high interpersonal impact and drive organizational value optimization, efficiency, effectiveness and cost reduction across functions through digital, technology and business change. Ensure alignment with overall strategic plan.
- Collaborate, innovate and embrace successful business transformation initiatives with local and regional offices. Ensure significant value is achieved at the country level and ensure transformation initiatives generate positive country level impact.
- Coordinate and direct the program/project work within the context of cross-functional project teams. Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement and innovation that values learning and a dedication to quality. Lead programs and projects using innovative, agile and project management tools and techniques.
- Mentor and develop staff using an encouraging and collaborative approach - assign and maintain accountabilities, establish clear and mutually agreed expectations, set objectives, establish priorities, supervise and evaluate results.
- Build credible partnerships across business functions, partners and Information Technology (IT) to achieve intended outcomes of important initiatives.
- Manage risk and drive opportunities to identify change initiatives ensuring compliance with the regulatory framework where risks are addressed and mitigated.
- Partner with Sponsors and Product Owners to ensure that Program and Project team members have the rights tools, business processes and support available.
- Research key trends (markets, business, and technology) and conduct ongoing market and business analysis to support decision-making and identify new growth opportunities.
Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today. About Manulife
- Our mission; to be a part of making Decisions Easier and Lives Better
- A leadership team dedicated to your growth and success
- A bold ambition and set of goals to be a leader in driving transformation in our industry
- Our best. Every day.
About Manulife Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services provider that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and our global wealth and asset management segment, Manulife Investment Management, serves individuals, institutions and retirement plan members worldwide. At the end of 2020, we had more than 37,000 employees, over 118,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 30 million customers. As of March 31, 2021, we had CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $31.3 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong. Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org .