Strategy & Corporate Development Manager
Interested to join the Bears team? Submit your application to [email protected] !
Description About GoBear:
Imagine the supermarket of the future. Smart shelves only stock the relevant products a user needs, valuable tips and advice are just a click away, and they enjoy the convenience of a seamless digital checkout. That's us, we are Asia's leading financial supermarket. Our mission is to improve Asia's financial health by making financial literacy, financial inclusion and financial security attainable for everyone!
The Strategy and Corporate Development team, led by the Chief Strategy Office (CSO), is responsible for shaping GoBear's strategic agenda and leading high-impact transformation projects across GoBear Markets, as well as working closely with the CEO and CFO to drive corporate development priorities for the firm.
Reporting to the CSO, this role will focus on leading development and implementation of high-impact corporate development and business strategy initiatives to advance GoBear's market positioning. Delivery of these important topics requires strong problem-solving skills and strategic thought process, with the ability to lead projects and manage stakeholders. The candidate is expected to play a leadership role in project management, challenging incumbent thinking and helping to shape GoBear's strategic agenda. 1. Strategy development and planning
2. Thought leadership and insight generation
- Responsible for conceptualizing, planning and managing key strategy projects.
- Structure complex problems, conduct analyses and develop actionable recommendations.
- Mobilize cross-functional projects and collaborate with key stakeholders to execute plan as well as to maintain alignment with broader strategic goals.
3. Corporate development strategy and execution
- Be a sparring partner in identifying innovative or breakthrough opportunities with high growth potential.
- Deliver insights on market competition landscape and key trends across GoBear's markets, products and segments.
- Articulate strategic and business opportunities for the firm and incorporate into business planning.
4. Project management and delivery
- Identify, evaluate and recommend potential growth opportunities for the business, including M&A and strategic partnerships.
- Provide support in deal transactions or fundraising activities, and provide guidance other team members as required.
5. Communication and stakeholder management
- Lead high-impact projects in partnership with key stakeholders to deliver intended results.
- Use results-oriented approach to structure and develop work plans.
- Proactive in anticipating and resolving issues to ensure tasks are executed in a timely manner.
- Influence decision-making with senior management through fact-based analyses and proposals, communicated in high-quality output.
- Build strong collaborative working relationships with senior management and key business partners.
- At least 8 - 10 years of work experience with at least 5 years of relevant experience in business strategy / corporate finance / investment banking / management consulting.
- Prior deal making experience, including valuation, due diligence and transaction advisory / execution.
- Deep experience and knowledge of strategic problem solving, project management and change management.
- Demonstrated skills in quantitative and qualitative analytics.
- Superb written and oral communication with the ability to maintain strong relationship with senior management stakeholders.
- Proven track record of leadership capabilities and the ability to work well in a team in pressured situations.
- Possess intellectual curiosity, and outstanding ethics and integrity.
- Southeast Asia market knowledge is essential; financial services experience is an advantage.