Line of Service
Not Applicable Specialism
Corporate and Business Strategy Management Level
Manager Job Description & Summary
Strategy& is a global team of practical strategists committed to helping seize essential advantage. We do that by working alongside our clients to solve their toughest problems and help realise their greatest potential. We bring 100 years of strategy consulting experience and the unrivalled industry and functional capabilities of the PwC network to the task. We are a member of the PwC network of firms in 157 countries with more than 184,000 people. About the Role
Managers in Strategy& are typically high achievers with an Undergraduate or a Master's degree and an exceptional academic record. MBA from a top university is an added advantage. They come from a variety of degree disciplines. They will have demonstrated international experience, participation in extra-curricular activities and demonstrate the energy, commitment and drive necessary to succeed at Strategy&.
Managers are expected to manage a team of consultants and work across a variety of industries. They lead teams on client assignments from identifying creative but pragmatic options against potential market scenarios, developing conclusions, making strategic recommendations, and then developing plans to operationalize the agreed upon strategy. They are capable of conceptualizing and developing client-ready deliverable materials independently with clear logic from multiple perspective angles (i.e. client, internal team, etc). Managers will be required to develop and share their point of views on strategic business issues trends and anticipate the impact on clients' needs. They are also able to integrate frameworks and models into analytical approach based on hypothesis-driven approach (HDA).
They are also able to lead teams on the analyses and evaluation of business cases, market analyst reports, annual reports and/or strategy documents. They are also expected to coach the team on data analytics including but not limited to identification of valid data points, triangulation from multiple data sources, and calculation of various business scenarios.
On any given project, Managers may be asked to identify key insights from analyses, interviews, discussion and other sources and to build a business case to evaluate an opportunity, construct a presentation to demonstrate solutions to client executives.
You will work across a variety of industries, including:
- Consumer & Retail
- Communications, Media & Technology
- Energy, Chemicals & Utilities
- Industrial Products
- Financial Services
A blend of talents and skills is required of successful candidates, including:
The offer at Strategy&
- An Undergraduate or a Master's degree from a top-tier university
- Minimum 6 years of pure Strategy consulting experience or mix of consulting and industry experience
- Excellent academic achievement and demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills (which includes both quantitative and qualitative orientation)
- Passion for and experience in business development through thought leadership and relationship development
- Strong track record of apprenticeship and development of junior staff
- Able to motivate and assist team members to understand and visualize project objectives
- Strong core consulting skills and deep understanding of Strategy& consulting toolkit including: leading unstructured problem solving, driving thought leadership, leading and managing strategy projects
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Strong client and team orientation
- Ambition to build client capabilities that deliver lasting impact
- Strong personal presence, combined with compelling and professional presentation and communication skills
As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we are open to a variety of flexible working styles. These are unique opportunities offering a fun, flexible and supportive work environment and the chance to build a successful career. The significant breadth of our client base ensures that challenging, interesting and varied work with the globe's best clients is always available.
At Strategy&, we recruit the best and the brightest. We believe that the best, most effective teams reflect diverse backgrounds, ideas and perspectives. We aim to surround you with people who will inspire you and challenge you intellectually.
In return we offer you a clearly structured career path with the opportunity for rapid career progression. We consider training and career development to be core, along with our on-the-job apprenticeship model, the basis for successful strategy consulting. Your professional development will continue throughout your career. We'll help you learn on-the-job and cultivate your personal strengths, alongside our people programs, all supported by our culture of real-time feedback. Education
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
Not Specified Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Yes Government Clearance Required?
No Job Posting End Date