Staff Infrastructure Designer
Singtel, Asia's leading communications technology group, provides an extensive range of telecommunications and digital services to millions of consumers and businesses across Asia, Australia, Africa and the USA. With over 140 years of innovation behind us, we continue to push boundaries in our networks and services, to enrich lives and transform businesses.
Our core values - Customer Focus, Challenger Spirit, Teamwork, Integrity, and Personal Excellence - shape the way we work. We are passionate about making a difference and have an open and inclusive culture where everyone is empowered to do their best. Our diverse business means you will enjoy unique opportunities and rewarding experiences to learn and grow your career in a dynamic industry.
Join us and experience what it's like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let's create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020
The Infrastructure Solution Design and Build is responsible for the overall coordination of the design and implementation of the Network Infrastructure, Security Infrastructure and Compute/Storage Infrastructure. Applying an integrated approach to design and implementation by working together with Infrastructure Solution Designer within a formal method and framework, the candidate ensures consistent and compatible solutions are produced. The solutions developed should be in line with the Infrastructure Enterprise Architecture to meet the Technology Infrastructure (TI) strategic objectives.
Based on the non-functional requirements, the candidate will create solutions in line with the overall TI Infrastructure Platforms Roadmap for Network, Security and Hybrid Cloud. By working closely with his/her colleagues, the Infrastructure Design and Build Specialist ensures that the Infrastructure solutions make the best use of the technology platforms to meet the business requirements. In addition to the non-functional requirements, the solutions are delivered at optimal cost using the appropriate technology platforms.
- Producing an integrated solution covering all areas and in line with the TI strategy
- Gathering the Infrastructure requirements for all projects with infrastructure deliverables
- Working closely with the Infrastructure Project Team (IPO) on project engagements
- Working with Infrastructure Designers to provide a consensus-based enterprise outcome that is scalable, adaptable and in line with ever changing business needs.
- Producing an infra diagram that identifies all infrastructure components including Network infrastructure, Security requirements and Compute/Storage requirement for the solution.
- Ensure solution proposed in compliance with security and best practices adopted by the industry
- Document and communicate Enterprise Infrastructure strategies and standards
- Ensure solution compliance and integration with enterprise architecture and Infosec policy for Infrastructure and Security systems by reviewing and advising on new and existing Information Technology projects
- Providing advice and guidance to management during planning phases to ensure that non-functional requirements are included in the overall specifications
- Providing advice and guidance to all areas of IT and Business Management, analysts, planners, designers and developers on all aspects of compute infrastructure
- To ensure that work meets all related engineering, planning, and operational standards
- To identify potential network issues and risks, and to provide workable technical solutions to mitigate such risks.
- To document network performance in order to take proactive and corrective action as needed
- Playing a major role in the selection of any new IT, infrastructure or technology solution
- To configure and support network projects such as MPLS, Ethernet, Ethernet access, Layer 2 switching, wireless, network security, and others
- Create and document the solution using the existing Infrastructure Standard Platforms and Design Patterns
- Maintaining a knowledge base to ensure network intellectual property is retained
- Industry certification, e.g. VMware qualifications and CCNP certification is highly desirable
- 7-8 years of experience working and familiar with corporate network design , security hygiene and best practices, compute/storage infrastructure design and experience in putting together infrastructure design covering the aspects above. Able to articulate well on proposed design to stakeholder
- Experience and knowledge in area of Virtualisation (VMware, Hyper-V), OS (RHEL, Windows), Network (CISCO, Fortigate, Checkpoint), Compute/Storage (DellEMC, IBM, UCS)
- Experience in performing VM migration, experience with Oracle, MySQL, and MSSQL would be advantageous from migration perspective
- Knowledge of LAN, WAN and Data Centre network architectures, enterprise design and industry standards relevant to data communications / networking and computing
- Knowledge of Software Defined Networking(SDN) on Cisco ACI will be advantageous
- Knowledge of command structures and system component relationships for latest generation Network and Security infrastructure
- Ability to direct project design and planning activities associated with complex or large sized network infrastructure development projects
We believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.