Sr. Specialist, Information Security - Cyber Technology SIEM
Who We Are:
As a global investments company, BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments, and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. Every day, our Technology employees make this happen while also seeking out new ways to do it more efficiently and effectively.
As part of BNY Mellon's global Technology organization, you'll have the opportunity to engage with some of the best and brightest, technology, business, and financial minds to find new and better ways to exceed our clients' expectations and build the future of financial services. With more than 230 years of industry leading experience under our belts, you might even say that we are the original fintech.
At BNY Mellon, cybersecurity is a top priority for both technology and the business. The members of the Information Security Division are on constant alert, using their creativity and knowledge of cybersecurity, technology and business processes to develop and deliver creative solutions. In this fast-paced environment, staff collaborate to respond to current risks, while identifying and anticipating future threats. Our cyber capabilities encompass the full spectrum of services from Cyber Operations (SOC, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Vulnerability Management, Cyber Incident Response, Penetration Testing & Red Teaming, Cyber Analytics & Fraud, and Insider threat) to Cyber Architecture and Engineering (Network, Platform, Cloud, and Applications Security). Together with the CISO and his leadership team, staff provide a robust set of cyber services that provide full scope protection and response capabilities across the BNY Mellon enterprise. We help our businesses, the bank's executive team, and our board of directors understand cybersecurity risk and the steps that must be taken to create and maintain a secure environment that drives innovation. What You'll Be Doing:
BNY Mellon is seeking motivated and high energy analysts for a unique opportunity to build up Cyber Security to build and run sustainable and reliable large-scale Cyber Security platforms.
Cyber Security is the state or process of mitigating risk and protecting and recovering networks, devices, systems, and programs from any type of danger to organizations' information which may lead to unauthorized access to sensitive data amongst other risks and threats.
Reliability Engineering is an engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. Reliability Engineering ensures that a company's services - both internally critical and externally-visible systems have reliability and uptime appropriate to users' needs.
• Analyze problems, evaluate technical issues, test, maintain, modify, integrate, monitor, and ensure to automate software systems.
• Engineering Control Break Detection Techniques
• Analysis of Cyber Security Threat Detection Rules Engine effectiveness and efficiency
• Responsible for design, development, testing and implementation of automated solutions that will interact with multiple third party applications
• Defining and measuring Service Level Objectives as agreed with stakeholders.
• Incident management and post-mortem culture.
• Present technical concepts and create technical documentation.
• Being involved in system design, platform management, and capacity planning.
• Building sustainable production systems by eliminating unnecessary complexity and toil.
• Solving complex problems by a process of elimination, creating bespoke tooling where appropriate.
• Implement config management to large platforms and devops lifecycle tools Who We're Looking For:
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
• 8-10 years of experience in information security or related technology experience required
• Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
• Proficiency in one or more of the following: Python, Go, C, C++, Java, Perl, Ruby, or any other non-shell script language
• Proficiency in data mining with query or search languages such as SQL, Splunk SPL, etc
• SW configuration framework (e.g., ansible, chef, salt), and devops lifecycle tools (e.g., git, subversion, artifactory)
• Experience with UNIX operating systems internals and networking
• Familiarity with various UNIX performance and system tools (e.g., strace, iostat, free, top, tcpdump , grep, awk, sed , etc...)
• Experience in troubleshooting large scale distributed systems.
• Experience in developing blackbox monitoring for systems using modern tools (e.g. prometheus / selenium)
• Integrating products using APIs
• Solid understanding of Risk culture
• Solid understanding of Systems Controls and Risk Reduction techniques
• Understanding of Cloud Technology (Azure mainly, secondarily: Azure, GCP) Bonus Experience:
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
- Implementation of Cloud workloads and integrations with the same
- Experience with logging systems like Splunk, ELK, syslog
- Experience with distributed systems design.
- Debugging / optimizing code
- Modern development practices. A strong preference for CI / CD / Devops techniques
- Containerisation technologies.