Sr. Representative, APIMLG
- Permanent, Full time
- Northern Trust Company
- 18 Dec 17 2017-12-18
Sr. Representative, APIMLG
Asia-Pacific Investment Manager Liaison Group (APIMLG) is the single point of contact for investment managers and internally managed clients into Northern Trust. APIMLG Custody Servicing is responsible for delivering outstanding service to managers and clients of every size and level of sophistication, facilitating communication and simplifying information flow between/among partners.
The client service representative will serve as the primary contact for investment management firms or client investment managers on the
- Domestic and international trade communication and settlement issues, including funding and facilitation of execution of foreign exchange where applicable.
- Monitors daily activity of portfolio. Responsible for daily management across portfolios, follow-up on cash management or reconciliation items, corporate action or income issues, etc.
- Handling of queries from Asian-based Investment managers. Works through issues and adding value to the relationship, ensuring high quality.
1. Acts as the primary contact for investment management firms on day to day operational needs relating to clients accounts held at the Bank.
Service all partners, investment managers and clients daily with the flexibility and commitment necessary to meet expectations/requirements and respond appropriately to any situation.
2. Communicate issues and recommend solutions directly to investment managers, clients, and partners. Work efficiently to resolve client/IM issues. Initiate client/IM communication to add value to the relationship where applicable/possible.
3. Monitors overall account status. Assesses impact of certain transactions on total account relationship.
4. Responsible for follow-up on cash management or overdraft issues.
Determines appropriate action to take and follow-up with internal and external parties as appropriate.
5. Coordinates daily contact with Investment Managers regarding client account activities. Informs managers of any exceptions and proposed steps for resolutions.
6. Stays abreast of changes in the various securities markets, as well as new or existing NT products or services.
7. Identifies service efficiency enhancements, process improvements and service delivery using creative and proactive measures.
8. Researches and resolves processing inquiries and facilitates or prepares correcting entries including reversals and rejects.
9. Adheres to all policies and procedures and assists in updating as needed in order to help identify, assess, monitor, and control risk.
1. Degree within Finance or Business or diploma holders with relevant experience
2. At least 2-3 years experience in client servicing within financial services
3. Strong analytical skills
4. Strong communication skills - verbal and written.
5. Adherence to Standards & Procedures
6. Problem solving
7. Promotion of best practices
8. Having a good overall knowledge of the global custody/securities business
9. Be a 'self starter' with positive "attitude" and able to work on own initiative as well as within a collaborative team environment
10. Experience working effectively within a global organization/environment
11. Solution oriented
12. Ability to build and maintain internal and external network of contacts
13. Treat colleagues and all individuals with respect; embrace diversity
14. IT savvy (excel, macro, etc.) and can pick up system application fast with knowledge on process streamlining will be a plus
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of September 30, 2017, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $131 billion in banking assets
- $7.8 trillion in assets under custody
- $9.7 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $1.1 trillion in assets under management