Sr Network Engineer - AVP
The Infrastructure Senior Technology Analyst is an intermediate level role responsible for assisting with LAN / WAN and help desk administration activities, including network maintenance, technical guidance, and security in coordination with the Technology Infrastructure team. The overall objective is to use infrastructure technology knowledge and identified policies to process data, resolve issues and execute administrative tasks. Responsibilities:
- Providing Technical Support for the firm's global network with a focus on both network infrastructure projects and infrastructure break fixes.
- To represent Network Services Support (NSS) professionally on conference calls with cross functional partners throughout the technology organization while conducting in depth technical investigations of ongoing incidents involving network connectivity and performance issues.
- Ensuring infrastructure changes, authorization requests, communications to stakeholders for post change testing, arrangement of hardware replacements are completed complying with established process and execute due diligence in planning to prevent causing disruption of services, in compliance with defined IT processes and procedures.
- Display competency and professionalism on conference calls for major incidents which may or may not be due to a failure in NSS managed technology infrastructure. Ability to drive major incident calls as the lead network representative with assertiveness, logical troubleshooting along with clear and concise communication towards both external and internal stakeholders.
- Performs post mortem Root Cause Analysis for complex, high visibility issues or major incidents within tight timeline and the ability to drive vendors assertively to produce justifiable root causes in a professional manner.
- Maintain focus and poise during the support cycle and work through all challenges with a results-oriented attitude and relentless focus on enhanced customer service through rapid incident resolution.
- Collaborate and communicate accurately with people at different technical knowledge level ranging from Subject Matter Experts, Services Managers to Vendor Support Teams, etc, with the goal of aligning all parties towards achieving incident resolution as quickly as possible.
- Good understanding of Software defined networking (SDN) technologies concepts and the evolution and deployment approaches of SDN technology across traditional IP networks.
- Perform pre-defined configuration assurance/standard checks to satisfy Risk & Control and Safety & Soundness initiatives as part of proactive configuration management of all NSS managed technology infrastructure.
- Refine and improve existing processes to accomplish the desired results with better efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Maintain written operational procedures for the organization including document reviews at predefined intervals, ad-hoc procedure updates in response to operational events, and consistently high quality document management.
Strong analytical, organizational, written and interpersonal skills Skills and Experience Required
8+ years of experience in providing network operations supporting a network with 1000+ nodes.
- NOC (Network Operations Center) experience or large financial institution network operation/implementation experience is highly preferred.
- Expert level working knowledge of enterprise TCP/IP communications (IPv4, QoS, IPSEC, VPN, etc)
- Experience in supporting Load Balancers, DNS, DHCP.
- Strong knowledge of network protocol analysis using industry standard toolsets such as Wireshark capable of performing in-depth packet capture analysis.
- Expert working knowledge following routing protocols: BGP, OSPF, RIP, Multicast
- Strong working knowledge of IPSLA probes, EEM Applets, application specific network performance analysis, and TCP/IP optimization mechanisms for maximizing application performance across enterprise networks
- Strong working knowledge of common security threats facing enterprise networks including DDOS (Distributed Denial of Service) and various defensive mechanisms and threat mitigation strategies.
- Industry certifications includes; CCNP, CCIE, JNCIS, JNCIP, etc
- Strong knowledge in SDWAN technology.
- Intermediate to Expert software or programming knowledge in Python, JSON, Certified Scrum Master, NSO and in Terraform, AWS (Solutions Architect), Kubernetes, is a plus.
General Attributes, Characteristics, and Capabilities
- Highly assertive communications skills, commanding personality while maintaining professionalism. Ability to engage a large audience and lead the discussion with clear, concise, and highly assertive communication.
- Capable of understanding customers' requirements and setting the correct expectation to stakeholders to prevent re-work or incorrect project delivery.
- Effective prioritization skills and high energy. Ability to work in a fast-paced network operations environment. Ability to work under pressure with conflicting priorities and a fluctuating and potentially voluminous operational and project based workload.
- Ability to articulate technical information to large audience with various levels of technical knowledge base, including a business management audience that may lack a deep technical understanding of internetworking technology solutions. Ability to drive communication between business leaders and IT. Must exhibit sound and comprehensive communication and diplomacy skills to exchange complex information with inherent confidence.
- High sense of urgency and commitment to exceed customer expectations. Strong personal work ethic, inspires excellence and enthusiasm amongst peer group
- Resilient and highly responsive in overcoming adversity, ability to work through a multitude of challenges/obstacle in order to achieve the desired end result
- Process oriented; self-disciplined and settles well into established systems and structures. Focuses on the journey as well as the destination.
- Ability and flexibility to operate within tightly controlled operational procedures. Proficiency in managing customer satisfaction requirements within the confines or operational procedures to achieve a suitable outcome for all stakeholders.
- Demonstrated technical competencies and history of increased responsibilities during previous three years. Strong dedication towards continual growth and self-improvement including year-over-year progression in industry certifications and overall technical proficiencies and knowledge base.
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Job Family Group:
Technology Job Family:
Infrastructure Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting