Sr Mgr, Collections Process Policy & Governance
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. Job Purpose
The Role Responsibilities Business
- Manage the Collections Policy and Process Standards.
- Manage the Operational Risk in the Collections and Recovery unit
- Manage overall governance in performance review, staff incentive, collection policy / procedure management
Policy Design and execution
- Continuously improve policy, process and control standards to reduce losses and/or improve productivity. Periodically refresh elements of the collections procedure and recommend country specific recommendation so that it is relevant and fit for purpose.
- Work with country teams by providing necessary guidance on group collections procedures so that countries interpret the procedure in the correct context of the country specific situation.
- Ensure that processes are executed in alignment with the overall ORF and Risk Management framework and verify that processes adhere to group policy and process standards.
- Ensure that the Bank's collections policies and procedures are updated in accordance to FCA guidelines.
- Establish routines and training that reinforce compliance and adherence to key corporate, legal, and regulatory initiatives. Integrate controls into the operating environment that help protect against weak operational controls that lead to reputational and operational risk
- Support individual country teams with tools to enhance process understanding & compliance.
- Work closely with the country teams to review and obtain necessary approval on dispensations.
- Manage Risk through close inspection of operational risk control failures and operational events and identify elevated risks.
- Design, socialize and implement new control assurance checks for thematic risks. Change the existing controls as required.
MI and Governance
- Help to manage a robust Collections and Recovery operations by analysing the performance of different markets and provide valuable insights to senior management.
- Manage and run the Collection Performance Management Forum (CPMF) and participate in other relevant forum to further the Retail Client Risk agenda.
- Manage and run the Group Incentive Forum for collections and recovery to review and oversee the performance and incentives of collections staff.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Support ongoing interaction with credit policy, CI and Fraud management & provide timely feedback timely in order that risks across business lines can be mitigated
- Work with product teams to facilitate introduction of new products by providing collections support
- Drive the 3 key principles of Simplify, Standardise and Automate
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- 12-15 years of experience in Retail Banking Risk Management
- Working knowledge of Operational risk is preferred, but not essential
- Strong understanding of Collections policy, processes and KPIs.
- Good knowledge and a grasp of banking practice, financial markets and products and awareness of regulatory frameworks
- Strategic and forward looking with strong analytical and data interpretation skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.