- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Northern Trust Company
- 25 Apr 18 2018-04-25
Who we are
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise, and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
What we do
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
What you will do
This role sits within the Risk and Compliance Organization, reporting to the APAC Head of Market and Liquidity Risk based in Singapore. The purpose of the role is to act as the primary day to day contact for capital market and liquidity risk management in Singapore and across APAC. Acting as a second line of defense for partners in Treasury and the FX business unit, the role will involve the independent assessment, reporting and monitoring of risk-taking within the first line of defense for a number of Northern Trust legal entities in the APAC region.
This role will involve close engagement with the relevant business area and other Capital Market and Liquidity Risk partners in APAC, EMEA, and NA.
- Previous experience in a risk management or financial control function covering trading or balance sheet management.
- Familiar with the operational process aspects of an FX trading activity and its risk management measures that include VaR and stressed VaR.
- Familiar with balance sheet management and their related concepts and metrics that include sensitivity, gap mismatch, liquidity coverage ratio, net stable funding ratio, liquidity stress testing and contingency funding plan.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work effectively in a global and matrix organisational structure environment
- Basic knowledge of Visual Basic for Excel
- University/College Degree with experience in the financial industry.
As of December 31, 2017, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $139 billion in banking assets
- $8.1 trillion in assets under custody
- $10.7 trillion in assets under custody / administration
- $1.2 trillion in assets under management
Northern Trust is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for excellence in our efforts to recruit, develop and deploy the highest caliber workforce. Our commitment and success to a diverse workforce is evident in employee satisfaction and industry acknowledgment. For a list of all our achievements please click here .
The closing date to apply for this role is 23rd April 2018 and we will be in touch with an update within two weeks.
For a private discussion please contact Gez Williams on +61 3 9935 8204.