- Temporary, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 13 Nov 17
Sr Business Analyst
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.The Key Tasks and Responsibilities for a Senior Business Analyst would involve:
* Work as part of the BCBS239 Technology Horizontal team that is responsible for delivering strategic initiatives to support overall BCBS239 Programme scope of work. This includes initiatives for STDF, Stress Testing and Regulatory Reporting.
* Work closely with the Technology Architecture team, Chief Data Office team and business users from various departments within Standard Chartered Bank, both Local and Global, to coordinate work effort.
* Work closely with the business SME's and business BA's to understand the business requirements in order to create detailed functional specifications (including use cases / work flows / pre-feasibility analysis) that can be used by the development teams to implement the solution.
* Create dashboards to highlight progress status and provide clarity to senior executive managers to make informed decisions.
* Support the Senior Project Manager in working groups and senior stakeholder engagements. Contribution to PMO activities as and when required.
* Review test cases created by the testing team to ensure full coverage and manage the functional testing phases to ensure they are completed successfully on schedule.
* Work closely with the development team to ensure functionality is implemented correctly including bug fixes that come out of the testing cycles.
* Provide updates to the project / program manager with regards progress and issues where appropriate.
Qualifications and Skills
* Strong background in writing functional specifications for projects in the Banking domain.
* Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), capable of bridging the gap between technology and business functions
* Detailed knowledge of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) and an understanding of where a technology business analyst fits in.
* Experience and understanding of functional processes and the role of a business analyst.
* Managing, leading and participating in working group sessions with business stakeholders.
* Experience and knowledge of BCBS239 requirements and best practice from a Banking domain, Risk & Finance technology perspective.
* Regulatory Reporting requirements that covers report generation, distribution and conversion to XBRL format.
* Experience and knowledge of the STDF framework and the Bank of England stress test process is an advantage.
* Excellent communication skills (written and verbal). Experience of delivering large scale transformational/change within a structured Programme management environment.
* Experience and knowledge of change management principles and methodologies.
- Bachelor Degree with relevant work experience
- Have the ability to process complex and multi-sourced data and information and refine it into balanced and well-argued recommendations for action.
- Have a talent for simplifying complexity, with the capacity to switch focus quickly from complex situational analysis to recommendation and excellent execution.
- Be calm and professional under pressure and yet energetic and responsive, with self confidence and strong influencing skills.
- Self driven with a desire to constantly improve and enhance work processes that produces high quality results.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 30/11/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.