Sr. Associate - Projects
Test Manager Qualification
Graduate (Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or related field) Responsibility
: Test Requirement Analysis
- • Create/modify/review Master Test Strategy docuement for large engagements.
- • Create/update/review Test Estimations, Project/ Sprint Planning effort.
- • Leverage previous project experience/learning like Retrospection Report, Lesson Learnt for better requirement analysis.
Test Strategy and Test Planning
- • Review architecture & design work products by adopting White Box testing techniques to identify defects by leveraging predefined checklist and cognizant solution accelerators(if any).
- * Create test strategy (that includes release date, types of testing, scope of the project, detail explanation of particular release, RAID Risk, Assumptions, Issues and Dependencies etc).
- * Gather inputs from the client (eg Types of testing, Development teams, Client managers etc).
- * Prepare test plan covering timelines, resource (Man /Machine) deployment (How it will be tested).
- * Seek signoff on the test plan.
- • Involve Project/ Sprint Planning to define the sprint goals, scrum review meetings, identify the product backlogs & provide risks/issues to scrum team for quicker remediation.
Test Design Techniques (Design principles/tools/patterns)
- • Review & seek signoff from customer on Retrospection Report, Lesson Learnt for every release.
- • Review the test scenarios and seek review as required.
- Track the root cause of the review comments and take actions to resolve them.
- • Review the test cases and traceability matrix to ensure total coverage of requirements.
- • Track the downtime and report the same to the client.
- • Support the team/ client in conducting UAT/BUT if applicable.
- • Perform sanity testing to ensure system readiness for testing.
- • Validate readiness of the test environment for test execution.
- Prepare test lab for test execution.
Only For Onsite Coordinator
- • Seek sign off from the client at various stages of the cycle as required.
- • Support Business Lead at client side to perform UAT.
- If requested identify the test data for UAT.
Coding Practices & Defect Management
- • Create Run Plan document that captures priority of test cases based on complexity.
- • Posses holistic view of quality Domain, User experience, Black box, White box testing.
- • Able to estimate and commit task level effort and deliver activities on time.
- • Review the defects logged by team and assign it to the right owner.
- • Effective technical communication by participating in architectural/design reviews.
- • Speak the developer language.
- • Support Quality Assurance goals.
- • Adhere to all customer standards, policies and governance practices.
- • Comprehensive understanding of full development lifecycle and is actively involved in all phases.
Test Execution (Automation/Specialized testing)
- * Involvement with development teams, architects early in the project life cycle to identify the dependencies on architecture design, low level design components & coding standards, test data dependencies, environment dependencies etc.
- • Design & implement bestinclass automation framework based on AUT.
- • Review the test results and clarify doubts/query raised by team during execution.
- • Prepare Test summary Report and share the same for review/ Review the test results/test reports submitted by the test analyst.
- • Capture lessons learnt and the best practices adopted.
- • Periodically generate metrics based on the audience.
- • Review metrics to identify areas for process optimization.
- • Create robust test automation scripts.
- • Web Services Design the Web Services testing framework.
- • DevOps Define, deploy & monitoring metrics configuration.
- • Has expert knowledge of multithreading & other QE tools & technology.
- * Discussion with the development, release & deployment team stakeholders to make gono go decision based on test results and test closure summary report.
- * Possess specialist knowlege on Continous integration/deployment & delivery using industry best tools & technologies.
- * Perform Frequent monitoring & Failure analysis will be done.
- * Perform Script fixing for any errors/issues.
- * Status is shared to onsite across all teams.
Technology consulting Research & analysis
- * Frequent Optimization /Maintenance.
- • Participate in quality, design decisions for automations, stability, usability & scalability of application under test.
- • Code quality , coverage & productivity analysis to ensure all areas of program are exercised by test suites.
- * Organize the boot camp for new entrants.
- • Develop and sustain positive relationships with peers.
- * Identify training needs of team members.
- * Identify, groom, reward and develop high performers.
Knowledge & Innovation Management
- * Resolve escalated conflicts and grievances.
- * Mentor/coach the team to create knowledge artefacts (eg collaterals, reusable assets) to drive knowledge management.
- * Improvise already existing processes based on the experience.
- * Institutionalize systems and processes in place to implement innovation suggestion made by the team (eg adoption of Cognizant proprietary best practices / tools, process optimization like usage of tools, automation, etc ).
- * Identify the time and cost savings made due to adoption of the best practices.
Project, Configuration & release Management
- * Create condusive environment for team members to innovate & share ideas.
- • Review the daily deliverables and share it with the stakeholders appropriately.
- • Create and share weekly status reports and daily status reports with the team/ relevant stakeholders.
- • Facilitate calls between onsite and offshore teams to discuss the project status.
- • Identify resources based on the estimation and required skill set.
- (Only For Maintenance/Enhancements Project).
- • Create estimation for enhancements based on the understanding of requirement.
- • Perform POCs on the tools (eg accelerators, performance enhancers ) if required.
Must Have Skills
- • Coordinate with the release manager to keep abreast with the various activities in the test environment (eg build schedule) and to ensure the right components move to the production.
- Security Testing Tool Config