Sr.Specialist, Program & Project Management
- Leads a wide array of activities associated with project planning and management to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and to internal client specifications.
- May allocate/coordinate work within projects. Manages and oversees end-to-end project management activities such as project reporting, project planning, issue/risk identification and tracking, scope management, estimation, client management, relationship management and other project documentation preparation for projects of medium to high complexity.
- Directs and controls all work performed. Reports and escalates progress/issues to management, as needed. Assists in developing detailed project plans and schedules projects, including goals, risks and resource allocation.
- Monitors project results for significant deviations. Contributes to vendor and client relations to ensure that service expectations are developed and met. Maintains regular contact with clients and coordinates and reports on project progress and accomplishments.
- May provide input for (project) team member performance appraisals. Works with all required functions and groups to effectively plan and execute the project. May coordinate resources across organizational boundaries.
Serves as a liaison between clients and internal groups to ensure delivery of projects on time, within budget, and to specification. Manages communication with the business at a detailed functional level and discusses/resolves issues. Manages client expectations and ensures project delivery.
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience in business management or related field is required.
- 7-10 years of total work experience in Project Management preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and/or Prince2 certification is preferred. Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
Key Competencies Required:
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
- Strong experience in Financial Services. Knowledge in Fund Accounting, Global Custody, Investment management or Banking operation processes and systems preferred
- Organized, details oriented and outcome focus.
- A leader, clear communicator and self-starter, ready to take initiative to facilitate project requirement discussions and follow through.
- Politically astute and strong stakeholder management including facilitating, training and coaching.
- Experience working in a confidential environment
- Delivers compelling and effective presentations and written communications.
- Experience coordinating analyses across multiple time zone and cultures ( knowledge of Mandarin, Korean, or Japanese languages seen as a plus )
- Experienced in enterprise level reporting (Tableau, Power BI) , Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Ms Project, Ms Visio