- Permanent, Full time
- Faststream Recruitment
- SGD3000 - SGD6000 per month + Uncapped Commission from $0>
- Full time
Specialist Recruitment Consultant
Rectruitment Specialist for Faststream, a world leading maritime recruitment and executive search company. Providing recruitment solutions within shipping, marine, logistics and oil & gas for more than 20 years globally and over 10 years from our Singapore office in Raffles Place.
Are you a successful sales professional looking for a challenging, rewarding role with excellent training and career progression? Or a confident graduate looking to make use of your interpersonal skills and charisma?
People join us from varying backgrounds - with or without recruitment experience.
Faststream is a world leading maritime recruitment and executive search company, providing recruitment solutions within shipping, marine, logistics and oil & gas for more than 20 years globally and over 10 years from our Singapore office in Raffles Place. Our niche desks are warm and very busy, ideal for someone new to recruitment or an experienced consultant who needs to maintain and grow their current earnings. Our Consultants work on just one of these specialist desks enabling them to quickly build their knowledge, credibility and billings!
If career progression is important to you, you'll get the opportunities here. Myself, joining as a rookie Recruitment Consultant in Faststream's UK office in 2010, several promotions and now managing a great team of Recruiters and Team Leaders in our Singapore office. Our hands on, practical approach to training will get you up and running and making money within no time, as it did for me.
What to expect in the role?
Our best recruiters spend most of their day on the phone, talking to clients and candidates - developing relationships, building their people networks, understanding what businesses need, looking for problems to solve (versus jobs to fill), marketing themselves and their best opportunities, managing their recruitment deals and, of course making placements!
Who makes the best recruiters?
People join us from all walks of life but they ALL have the same qualities -
- Great phone presence - Can get people talking, are engaging and personable
- Tenacious & Resilient - Won't take no for an answer, will ask questions, overcome objections and stay calm and in control
- Gets People - Understands what makes people tick, how to sell to them and influence their decisions
- Good judgement / time management - You have to make good decisions EVERY DAY about how you spend your time, which clients, jobs and candidates to work and not to work - if you are not making placements you are not doing your job!
- Competitive - Strong sense of urgency, makes things happen, drives own results, likes working to targets and wants to be the best.
- Quality, not quantity - From interviewing and selecting the right candidates to delivering high levels of service across the board.
- Integrity - We work in a niche environment where we are trusted by many different people, our business ethics are paramount to our long term success.
Why work for us?
There are lots of Recruitment Companies in Singapore, big and small - we offer the best of both worlds - big enough to have a trusted proven name in the market (19 years of financial stability and an experienced management team) yet still small enough (20+ people in Singapore, 100+ globally) to ensure you are not just one of a number, you receive tailored, sector specialist training and have lots of opportunities for career progression without having to wait for someone above you to move on!
Our basic salaries range from the level of experience you have, I can assure you we are highly competitive and offer uncapped earnings with the ability to multiply your basic salary in commissions from the get go. We offer 23 days holiday, cash prizes, social events, company phone (on promotion), wellness allowance (gym, classes/courses etc..) and many more great benefits.
Our team in Singapore is as diverse as they are dynamic, including many Singaporeans and people from countries spread across all over Asia and Europe.