Specialist, Portfolio Services
- Not Specified
- Permanent, Full time
- Schroder Investment Management (Singapore) Ltd
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
Overview of role * Accountable for allocated portfolios, proactive investigation and follow up of queries arising from fund managers, fund managers’ assistants, clients, custodians and administrators. * Ownership of exception resolution through daily review procedures, including overdrafts, cash flows, NAV reconciliations and custodian stock/cash reconciliations.
Overview of role
- Accountable for allocated portfolios, proactive investigation and follow up of queries arising from fund managers, fund managers’ assistants, clients, custodians and administrators.
- Ownership of exception resolution through daily review procedures, including overdrafts, cash flows, NAV reconciliations and custodian stock/cash reconciliations.
- Validate and update Schroder client accounting records and reconciliation system with transactions relating to net flows, asset allocations, fees, rebates and FX.
- Produce and verify periodic and ad hoc reports of client investment positions and transactions in accordance with agreed format, data content and scheduling requirements.
- Work directly with counterparts in Account Management and Performance to agree, input and manage schedules for production of client reporting.
- Ensure timely resolution of production issues in accordance with deadlines.
- Work through high volumes, prioritise and manage work load according to risk or deadlines.
- Provide information from internal accounting or external counterparty records as requested and ensure timely resolution of queries arising from Portfolio Accounting activities.
- Oversee account transitions to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained for new/lost clients and any new/changing reporting requirements are addressed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good client awareness
- Proactive problem solving skills and a good attention to detail
- Strong prioritisation and organisational skills
- Strong team player but with ability to work independently within specified deadlines
- Ability to prioritise own and others work
- Desire to learn and develop
- An interest in pursuing a career within the Investment Management / Financial Services industry
- Minimum diploma or equivalent relevant work experience
- Previous experience in reconciliations / investment accounting preferred
- Knowledge of internal accounting and external counterparty systems
- Strong and proven investigations skills (liaising with internal & external parties)
- Experience in the Securities or Fund Management industry preferred
- Familiarity with equities, fixed income and derivative products desired
- Good PC skills including MS Excel and MS Word