Specialist, Investment Proposals
Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You've come to the right place. We're looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we'd like to hear from you. Job Description
The Investment Proposals Specialist will assist the team head in the management of the proposal services function. They will closely with another RFP specialist in the team, to execute, manage and maintain standard process/procedures for the proposal services function. Responsibilities:
- Drive sales & revenue growth through the completion of RFP/RFI/DDQs covering both private and public market products.
- Develop, execute, manage and maintain standard process/procedures for the proposal services function.
- Complete high quality RFPs which properly and accurately reflect Manulife's asset management capabilities in accordance to the requirements of the particular client, prospect or consultant. This entails review and verification of all RFP requirements, completion of proposal responses and coordination of final proposal review, approval and submission.
- Collaborate with the sales team, subject matter experts (SMEs) and other relevant stakeholders to determine strategic approach for proposals is expected.
- Draft content and coordinate input received from internal departments including but not limited to portfolio managers, portfolio specialists, sales & relationship managers, compliance, human resources, performance analytics and other teams.
- Assume primary responsibility for RFP review and consistency/accuracy and to ensure the overall quality meets firm standards. Oversee the production of electronic and print materials to ensure all requirements and deadlines are met.
- Responsible for final formatting, technical editing and tracking details of the assessments and results via our CRM system (Salesforce)
- Provide reporting of proposal service activity levels to senior management.
- Provide support in review/update of standard contents in the firm's content management tool and external consultant databases.
- Partner with colleagues in other regions to facilitate the coordination of proposal service efforts globally.
- Assist or lead process improvement projects/ initiatives and other ad-hoc team projects
Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today. About John Hancock and Manulife
- Bachelor's degree holder
- At least 5 years of experience in the financial services industry with relevant proposal writing experiences
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the fields of proposal writing and editing is preferred.
- Knowledge of the asset management industry's practices, products and trends
- Fluent writing and speaking skills in English and Chinese. This is required as proposals required to be written/edited in these languages
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse range of people who possess a variety of skills and experience in a complex work environment.
- A well-organized and self-directed individual with a keen sense of ownership
- Detail-oriented with excellent organization and project management skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects while producing quality work
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize and execute tasks to meet strict deadlines
- Proficiency in suite of PC applications, particularly in Adobe and Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com .
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance , annuities , investments , 401(k) plans , and education savings plans . Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com . Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact email@example.com .