Specialist EUC Transformation
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Develop the strategy, architecture, roadmap and design of the Virtual Desktop solution (including Application virtualization) for the bank.
- Engage with business stakeholders, to understand the business requirements for VDI and convert it into technical requirements.
- Define the service-oriented architecture for the VDI services, bridging the gap between technology and business requirements.
- Responsible for the complete life cycle management for all VDI service offerings.
- Engage with the different technology teams in integrating and implementing the service.
- Responsible for the entire set of design and engineering documentation of the VDI solution.
- Provide L4 support for issues on the VDI platform.
- Provides guidance, consultancy and advisory services to the various teams involved in the build and run of the VDI solution.
- Responsible for the VDI product lifecycle management - product roadmap, product upgrades; integrations, migrations.
- Interface with project teams to provide infrastructure implementation guidance and provides subject matter expertise to assess and implement the VDI solution.
- Focus on stakeholder management, adoption and roll out of the service in the bank.
- Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years experience as an established infrastructure engineering professional working in the related technology infrastructure design, implementation, systems administration and support or engineering.
- 5+ years experience in architecting and deploying Digital Workspace EUC/VDI solutions - Citrix XenDesktop VDI or Horizon VMware View experience mandatory.
- Expert Level Certification in VDI or virtualization technology is mandatory.
- Very good understanding of ITIL service framework.
- Knowledge of TOGAF framework and architecting solutions adhering to TOGAF framework.
- Expert certification in ITIL and/or TOGAF is preferred.
- Cloud VDI experience preferred. Demonstrated knowledge on desktop virtualization technologies like DaaS, RDS, WVD, and other client virtualization technologies.
- Experience with deploying print solutions for virtual environments.
- Experience with integrating VDI platform with voice & video infrastructure.
- Significant experience with managing endpoint devices (thin clients, Chromebooks, etc.) used to access VDI.
- Significant experience with Microsoft Windows, Office 365, Configuration Manager, Active Directory and PowerShell scripting (3-4 years minimum).
- Significant experience with App virtualization technologies.
- A good understanding of hyper converged infrastructure - vSAN, DELL EMC VxRail and related technologies.
- Significant working knowledge in the following.
- Enterprise IT Infrastructure - Server hardware, SAN, Network technologies
- Data Centre: M&E, design, and build
- Operating Systems: Windows Server, Linux, Windows Desktop
- Database - understanding of MS SQL and Oracle RAC
- Application & Web servers
- Exposure to AWS and Azure
- Documentation skills
- Should have good knowledge on technical writing, process flow modeling, visual documentation.
- Should have prior experience in preparing architecture, solution design document.
- Communication skills
- Should have exceptional professional communication skills - address meetings and present designs to stakeholders, interpersonal skills.
- Conduct technical trainings
- Interact with business executives - at CxO level and articulate IT solutions
- Self-starter, capable of working without direction and able to deliver technical projects from scratch.
- Sound problem analysis and resolution abilities.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .