Specialist, Derivatives Operations (Contract)
- Contract, Full time
- Schroder Investment Management (Singapore) Ltd
- 22 Apr 19
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join the Derivatives Operations team in Schroders! We are looking for a keen learner with a positive work attitude for a 5-months contract position.
As the Specialist at Portfolio Services, Derivatives Operations team, you are primarily responsible for the administration and settlement of all derivative trades post execution.
Your day to day responsibilities include:
- Daily processing of all Exchange Traded and OTC instruments.
- Investigating and resolving all breaks with our counterparties and custodians in a timely manner.
- Setting up new accounts with our clearing agent, custodians and broker counterparties for trading and collateral purposes.
- Management of margin and collateral processes internally and externally including dispute resolution.
- Managing all electronic confirmation applications – DTCC and MarkitWire.
- Collaborating with the team to improve existing processes and minimise risk.
- Collaborating with other team members in creating an organised structure of record-keeping and issue tracking.
- Monitoring counterparty performance and involved in periodic review meetings.
- Building good working relationships with internal departments.
- Assist internal stakeholders in reviewing and follow-up of ISDA and CSA during negotiation phase.
To be successful in this role, you should possess the following requisites:
- Degree graduate who has a keen interest in derivative instruments and complex investment products.
- Enjoy working with numbers and loves thinking out of the box
- Ability to learn functions quickly and apply new knowledge.
- Enthusiastic, self-starting with a positive outlook.
- Strong in verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoys working in a team and service oriented.
- Loves working towards tight deadlines and prioritise conflicting requirements.
- Able to commit to the 5-months duration.