Specialist, Client Control Standards, FCC Client Risk Framework
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal Candidate
- Maintain Obligations Register for CDD and non CDD in relation to AML/CTF and define the Group minimum standards.
- Liaise with the following in relation to the overall key framework and issues relating to reviews and standards.
- CFCC Assurance team;
- Group Internal Audit.
- Define and maintain key standards to build controls for financial crime risk into client processes, including:
- Group Customer Due Diligence (CDD) procedures and related standards for all Segments;
- Refining and fine-tuning the Client Risk Assessment methodology
- Product Specific Standards (e.g. IMAA)
- Group Screening Standards
- Group Transaction Monitoring Procedures
- Group Procedures on Politically Exposed Persons
- Group AML Policy
- Ensure that the Group and Business CDD and relevant non CDD standards remain up-to-date and in compliance with laws, regulations and industry best practice through the maintenance of an obligation register.
- Support the business to ensure that systems which support CDD and non CDD implementation are aligned to the standard/procedural requirements.
- Interface with Group SMEs including Sanctions and Anti Bribery Corruption, to incorporate requirements into CDD and non CDD standards, where applicable.
- Manage ad hoc projects related to CDD and non CDD standards.
- Analyse comprehensive impact of financial crime related regulatory matters on the relevants business area and its operations.
- Ensure that key changes (to laws, rules, regulations) are monitored, communicated and cascaded (in Group and Region) .
- Support relevant stakeholders to make decisions based on current and possible future policies, procedures and standards.
- Keep track of and provide advice to relevant stakeholders on the interpretation and application of regulatory expectations, laws, best practices, standards and policies related to FCC.
People and Talent
- Develop, keep up to date and recommend for approval by the relevant approval authority, appropriate non CDD standards to address financial crime risks, aligning with relevant regulatory requirements.
- Document and maintain all core documents, including policies,standards, processes and DOIs.
- Provide advice to relevant stakeholders on compliance with Group AMLstandards relating to.
- Promote and embed a culture of openness, trust and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy/procedure compliant conduct is the norm.
- Stimulate an environment where forward planning, prioritisation, deadline management and streamlined workflows and collaborative, inclusive yet effective and efficient work practices are the norm.
- Understand technical aspects of systems relevant to CDD, non CDD, Client Risk Assessments, Group Screening standards, Group Monitoring standards.
- Align/support with the alignment of relevant systems to industry best practice and close out any compliance gaps.
- Apply Group and FCC policies and processes to manage risks.
- Inform senior management and relevant regulators of serious regulatory breaches (or where risk tolerances have been breached) and ensure that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
- Advise relevant stakeholders on outcomes of AML risks identification and assessment methodologies.
- Anticipate horizon risks in the area of financial crime that may have a significant impact on the Group and develop effective strategies to mitigate such horizon risks.
- Attend relevant leadership meetings where deputized.
- Support and provide oversight of FCC region/ function in collaboration with the respective Segment CFCC teams.
- In the event of serious regulatory breaches, or where risk tolerances have been breached, ensure senior management are informed and that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
- Translate lessons learned from audit findings, FCC assurance activities and specific investigations into the relevant Standards.
- Propose improvements, enhancements and simplifications where appropriate.
- Be accountable for identification and escalation of potential risks and issues to senior management through appropriate governance channels and the Quality Assurance framework.
- Analyse and interpret data to produce reports that help the bank identify and manage emerging areas of risk / vulnerability and thus drive remediation action within the FCC function.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Infrastructure to support implementation of Obligations Register.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Segment Conduct, Financial Crime and Compliance
- AML Oversight
- FCC, Sanctions
- FCC, Anti-Bribery and Corruption
- FCC, FCIIU
- FCC, PEP and Sensitive Client Unit
- FCC, Assurance
- CDD Process Owners
- OR, Framework, Process & Infrastructure
- Audit, FCC Advisory
- Audit, L&C and FCC
- Core College Regulator
- Peers in other banks
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in all Group businesses,
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.