Specialist, App/Pdt Development&Support
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
eC DD+ is SCB's CDD system that supports client due diligence for Corporate & Institutional Banking and Commercial Banking and SCI system manages Client Master details.
Client On-boarding Lifecycle Tool (COLT) replaces existing Client Due Diligence (eCDD+) and Client Master (SCI) application with Fenergo - a vendor product that specializes in Client On-boarding & Life Cycle Management
This COLT programme will deliver an integrated operating model for client life cycle management covering on-boarding, financial market regulation, tax, CDD, client data, client maintenance, and off-boarding. This implies our existing CDD system (eCDD+), Client Master system (SCI) and few other systems internal to the bank will be replaced with Fenergo CLM product. Thus, this replacement will lead to:
- Decommissioning of the above-mentioned systems.
- Integration of Fenergo with downstream Transaction Processing (TP) systems which are currently integrated with eCDD+ and SCI.
The Senior Developer will assist in delivering this programme by:
- Help team member's development and ensuring that all the necessary training is provided / arranged in timely manner and team stay motivated.
- Improve code quality statistics, participate/drive code reviews and continuously reduce technical debt
- Identifying/Gathering/Questioning and challenging when necessary/ documenting the interface requirements
- Provide inputs on existing processes and collaborate with DevOps team towards automation and delivery efficiency
- Study existing engineering processes and contribute to improvements to drive up efficiencies
- Collaborate with teams globally to deliver, present ideas and innovate
- Model behaviours that facilitate Agile delivery
- Exhibit passion for client experience with a user-first mindset
Our Ideal Candidate
- Stakeholder feedback (business and technology)
- Team performance and Delivery of individual tasks and overall projects on time and of a high quality
- Ensuring successful go lives with minimal post go live issues
Good to Have:
- Good programming and debugging skills
- Recommend future technology capabilities and architecture design considering business objectives, technology strategy, trends and regulatory requirements
- Strong analytical and problem solving
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and frameworks
- Responsibility for the Code Quality measures
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good understanding of software development lifecycle using Agile/Waterfall models
- Understanding of Coding standards, Design patterns and guidelines.
- Understanding on source control, versioning, branching etc.
- Good knowledge on object oriented analysis and design
- Java / J2EE - strong knowledge of server-side programming.
- Good understanding of basic concepts of collections, multithreading & OOPS concept
- Good knowledge and hands-on experience in Kubernetes and Docker
- Good knowledge and hands-on experience in Cloud Infrastructure and DevOps - CI/CD (Ansible , Maven , Sonar , JIRA, Liquibase)
- Strong Experience in application integration using Web Service (SOAP/REST) or Messaging using JMS
- Strong Experience in designing caching services for IMDG like Ignite,Hazelcast
- Strong Experience in designing data models for Graph databases like DSE Datastax , neo4j
- Experience in Service Oriented Architecture implementations
- Hands-on experience on Linux/Unix environments
- Database - strong RDBMS skills around writing efficient SQL's and procedures. Good understanding of database concepts like index's and query plan
- Work with solutioning, infrastructure and project team to ensure architecture standards are implemented
- Should have implemented software for performance, scalability and other non-functional requirements
- At least 10 to 12 years of working experience
- Experience in application development for Client Due Diligence, On-boarding, FATCA & CRS
- Rules authoring using OPA
- Technical knowledge and experience in OPA
- CDD process awareness including AML, KYC and Screening
- Should be able to review and remediate observed CDD related gaps
- Enhance and improve CDD related processes.
Training, Qualifications and Certifications
- Good fundamental skills on Unit testing and code coverage using JUnit/QUnit
- Good knowledge in open source frameworks like Spring, Hibernate, Aspects and Apache Libraries (Camel/ActiveMQ/Commons)
- Hands-on skills in JEE specifications like JAX-RS, JAX-WS, JPA
- Good knowledge in dependency injections like Spring DI/Blueprints and JSON libraries like Jackson/GSON
- Good knowledge in application integration using Web Service (SOAP/REST) or Messaging using JMS, Kafka .
- Hands-on knowledge in application servers/containers JBoss Fuse
- Hands-on knowledge in Oracle and SQL
- Hands-on knowledge in Ignite or Hazelcast
- Hands-on knowledge in DSE DataStax or Neo4j
- Understanding on rule engines like Drools or OPA
- Hands-on experience on Linux/Unix environments
- Understanding on tools like Jenkins/Go-CD, Git/Stash, JIRA, Maven, NodeJS
- Hands on knowledge in WebMethods products like IS/BPM
- Good hands on Data structure and Algorithms.
- Good hands on knowledge on AWS DevOps tools like Terraforms/AMI Bakery.
- Good Hands on knowledge on containers and Kubernetes or Openshift.
- Training/qualifications and Certifications in some of the functional and/or technical domains as mentioned will be an added advantage
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.